HM's Carrion Crown AP - CT

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The orcs let lose with their javelins and one finds it's mark in Henry's thick hide. The ape is outraged and beats it's chest while it advances.

The druid starts an incantation but is distracted by the hovering Toddy so his spell is lost.

[sblock=Combat]
Posted in INIT order
Code:
Character      AC  HP  InHand/Condition
Firvinianna    [COLOR=RoyalBlue]20 [/COLOR] 37  l.bow/[COLOR=RoyalBlue][I]mage armor[/I][/COLOR];[I][COLOR=Orange][COLOR=RoyalBlue]haste[/COLOR][COLOR=White];[/COLOR]prone[/COLOR][/I]
Krig           18  [COLOR=Yellow]44[/COLOR]  l.bow/none
Marshan        [COLOR=Yellow]20 [/COLOR] 41  l.hammer&cestus/[I][COLOR=Yellow]shield ally[/COLOR][/I];[COLOR=Yellow][I]haste[/I][/COLOR],share lang.(ape&wolf)
Orcs(4)        13  [COLOR=Red]-2 [/COLOR]none/[I][COLOR=Red]staggered[/COLOR][/I]
Henry         [COLOR=RoyalBlue] 22[/COLOR]  [COLOR=Yellow]28[/COLOR]  none/[COLOR=RoyalBlue][I]mage armor[/I][/COLOR], share lang.(Marshan)
Halal          [COLOR=Cyan]22[/COLOR]  41  l.bow&cestus/[I][COLOR=Cyan]shield of faith[COLOR=White];[COLOR=Cyan]haste[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/I]
Toddy          [COLOR=RoyalBlue]24[/COLOR]  30  none/[I][COLOR=RoyalBlue]mage armor[/COLOR][/I];[COLOR=RoyalBlue][I]haste[/I][/COLOR]
Gergori        [COLOR=Orange]18[/COLOR]  50  l.sword&cestus/[COLOR=Orange][I]haste[/I][/COLOR]
Demon         [COLOR=RoyalBlue] 21[/COLOR]  20  none/[I][COLOR=RoyalBlue]mage armor[/COLOR][/I], share lang.(Marshan)
Firebug        13  [COLOR=Yellow]39[/COLOR]  none/none
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Surprise Round:
Firvin - cast Stone Call
Krig - not allowed action
Marshan - cast Haste
Orcs(4) - varies attacks (3 misses, 1 hit Henry for 9hp dmg)
Henry - move forward
Halal - cast Shield of Faith
Toddy - moved(flying)
Gergori - retrieve item
Demon - none (need move action to handle animal)
Firebug - cast on defensive (failed)[/sblock]

Attachments

• well map 2.1.jpg
    well map 2.1.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
HM said:
Demon - none (need move action to handle animal)
Druids and rangers can handle their companions as a free action.

SK, been thinking... at 4th or 5th level if I put a point into Linguistics for Demon he should be able to understand Common without the use of the Share Language spell, right?[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Yes. A point in linguistics for Common should give him about the equivalent of a four year old child at Int 3. The Share language would give him a 4th grade vocabulary, but still thinking/reasoning at about kindergarten speed. That is the best way I can think to describe it. Without the Share Language spell, Demon would not be able to read or talk, just understand simple orders. It is worth it for me to burn two spells a day to cover Henry and Demon. Walking into town with two werewolves, a sasquatch, and a literal smart ass is going to be fun. :p

Now, if Gregori had picked up Celestial as a language, he could command his pup in a language most enemies would not understand. And you get all the benefits of having Linguistics trained, like detecting forgeries. [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Noted on the Handle Animal as a free action (don;t play with companions myself) and if you maxed out your ranks at 5th lvl (possible fourth) it should be automatic success. Will assume Demon moved towards closest orc on his surprise turn then.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali - Female Half-drow Elven Sorceress

Firvin is pleased that the start of this battle is better than the last time they were here, "So far so good."

Remaining under cover, she surveys who shall be her next victim. But with everyone being augmented with extra speed, she decides to boost their chances to land their blows.

Frivin starts singing a bawdy battle hymn she picked up in Korvosa, "Aglareb gurtha e' dagora." The music begins inspiring courage in her allies.

OOC: Allies get +2 Competence Bonus Attack & Damage, +2 Morale Bonus Saves vs. Fear & Charm
[sblock=Actions]Free Action: n/a
Move Action: n/a
Standard Action: Bardic Performance; Inspire Courage +2
[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +5
AC: 19 (12 flat-footed, 13 Touch, 19 w/Mage Armor)
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +3 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Reflex: +7 Will: +5 (+7 vs. Enchantments)
+1 for all with Resistance; Immune to Magical Sleep; Resist 10 Electricity

Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Conditions in Effect: Haste & Inspire Courage

Bardic Performance: 14/15 Rounds Lingering (+2 Rounds) Remaining; Inspire Courage +2, Fascinate, Countersong, Distraction, Inspire Competence +2
Elemental Ray:
6/6 Remaining (1d6+2 dmg) (Turn any elemental spell into Electricity)
Cantrips:Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Ghost Sound, Message, Light, Prestidigitation, Open/Close, Mend, Mage Hand, Read Magic
Sorcerer 1st Level Spells (DC15): 6/7 remaining; Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Shield, Burning Hands* (Electric), Color Spray, Silent Image, Alarm
Sorcerer 2nd Level Spells (DC16): 4/5 remaining; Flaming Sphere, Stone Call, Scorching Ray* (Electric)
Bard 1st Level Spells (DC15): 5/5 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Vanish, Timely Inspiration
Bard 2nd Level Spells (DC16): 3/3 remaining; Gallant Inspiration, Silence, Blindness/Deafness
Wand of Magic Missiles (50 charges)
Metamagic Rod of Lesser Silent 3/3 per day remaining[/sblock]___________________________________________

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The bandaged orc drops it's bow as Demon moves in to attack. "New Pelt MINE! MINE you gets back!" it screams in a rage at the orc beside it. Drawing his great axe he then tries to cleave the wolf in two.

The orc misses with the axe as the mage armor deflects the blow. Krig cries out in fury as he then tries to bite the wolf.

Attachments

• well map rd3.jpg
    well map rd3.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
OOC: Dang, I missed that Demon was adjacent to Krig. It wasn't on the previous map. I was considering a Grease Spell if someone was adjacent to him, but I guess that can wait until next round maybe.

Remove ads