• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hollow's Last Hope [IC]

YeOldeAlbatross

First Post
Azgulor said:
Cyryn attempts to flank the hunters while maintaining cover.
Cyryn: Move Silently Check (1d20+6=13)
Cyryn slips around to the rear of the woodsmen, making only a bit of noise rustling in the brush as he treads. One of the woodsmen looks back over his shoulder at the sound, but then shrugs, dismissing the sound as that of a small animal or the breeze.

Voadam said:
Loricallior smiles and steps forward "A generous offer friend, you have great taste in beautiful animal furs. However this little fellow is not for sale. We are from the hollow as well of late, and are in fact on quest to save its people from the plague that has befallen many of its people. Tell me, have you come across an old dwarven mine nearby? We seek it out as part of our quest."
At the news of the plague in Falcon's Hollow, the woodsmen look surprised and concerned. Apparently, this is news to them. All talk of Foolsbait's fur falls to the wayside as the hunters murmur to themselves. "We oughta be gettin' back home, Otish. What if Myrana ish sick?"

The leader of the group nods, suddenly seeming a bit more sober. "Yeah, you're right, Nero." Remembering that Loricallior asked a question, Otis then replies, "Oh, right, a dwarven mine? Well...there ish a place where dwarvesh used to live not far from here. It'sh not a mine, though...it'sh a...whattaya call it...mon-monastery? Some place the beardiesh used to worship one of their godsh or somethin'. I seen the place from a dishtance once. It ain't in very good shape now. Anyway, keep headin' northwesht and you should be able to get there by nightfall."

"Well...we besht get back to the Hollow, it wash nice to meet all of you..." Otis glances one time at the glowering Hakkara, as though to suggest it may not have been nice to meet everyone in the group. "Good luck on your missshion." With one last wistful look at Foolsbait's bright orange fur, Otis waves and begins to lead his fellow hunters eastward.

Voadam

Legend
"I hope you find your family and friends well." Loricallior bids them a good day despite his ill tidings of the Hollow then he and the others head northwest once Cyryn rejoins them.

Nazhkandrias

First Post
Jebbo absentmindedly waves the woodsmen goodbye, then begins to pet Foolsbait worriedly. "Now, now, Foolsbait, don't y'worry, ain't nobody gonna hurt you! Ol' Jebbo ain't gonna let 'em! 'Sides, they were prob'ly jus' kiddin' anyway... they were prob'ly jus' complimentin' you on your lovely coat..." Jebbo, still scratching a content Foolsbait behind his ears, looks up and grins at his companions. "Well then, no two ways 'bout it - we'd best be off to that there Dwarven Money-stairy." Jebbo grabs his walking stick and continues along the trail, whistling a merry little tune as he does so.

Voadam

Legend
Loricallior catches sight of Cyryn and says "Ah there you are Cyryn. I believe we are all set then. Let's go." Loricallior then proceeds on with the group.

YeOldeAlbatross

First Post
Having sent the less-than-sober woodsmen on their way back toward Falcon's Hollow, the party presses on without further delay. The group makes good time traversing the thick forest, despite the fading light. Finally, just as the sun is setting below the mountains, the group emerges from the heaviest forest growth and sees what must be their destination.

Sitting squat at the foot of an imposing mountain, a ruined monastery comes into view between ancient gnarled trees. Made of simple stone blocks, worn smooth with the passage of time, the stout building is falling apart. Sections of the slanted shale roof have collapsed and portions of the outer wall have crumbled. Weeds and wild thorn plants run rampant across the field leading up to the place, leaving only the slightest indication of a path that ends at the ruined front doors. Beyond, an overgrown yard sits in shadow.

Monastery.JPG

Suddenly the telltale howl of wolves pierces the chilly evening air! Across the scrubby grass of the foothills, the party spots a pair of the nocturnal hunters speeding toward them, baying and snapping their hungry jaws!

COMBAT, ROUND 1

[sblock=Initiative Rolls]Jared Initiative (1d20+0=14)
Hakkara Initiative (1d20+1=18)
Jebbo Initiative (1d20+3=8)
Cyryn Initiative (1d20+7=8)
Loricallior Initiative (1d20+4=22)
Wolves Initiative (1d20+x=12)[/sblock]
Initiative, Round 1
22: Loricallior (12/12 hp)
18: Hakkara (11/14 hp)
14: Jared (9/9 hp)
12: Wolf #1
12: Wolf #2
8: Cyryn (7/7 hp)
8: Jebbo 8/8 hp)

Your combat actions?

Wolves%20outside%20monastery.JPG

Insight

Adventurer
Hakkara sets her teeth. "Dare they stalk us, dare they strike? Taste my blade!" Her sword drawn and ready, the barbarian sword-maiden awaits.

[sblock]Hakkara readies an attack against the first wolf that gets within range. Power Attack for 1.[/sblock]

Voadam

Legend
Moving with draconic speed the elf Loricallior darts forward and to the left. He draws on his fire magic and waits for the lupine attackers to enter his field of fire.

ooc move diagonally down and to the left two squares then ready an action to blast the wolves when they enter range.

Remove ads