• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Homebrew Seeker Bladelock Pact Weapon invocation

Jonathan Alvear

First Post
Given that the three main Warlock Pacts (Archfey, Fiend, GOO) get Pact Weapon invocations and that the Seeker Pact gets some love in the "Warlock and Wizard" UA, I'm hoping Seeker Bladelocks get one whenever WotC make the new invocations official.

In lieu of an official release, I thought I'd take a crack at one myself. Much like the other Seeker invocations, I think a Seeker version should focus on versatility rather than the nova output the other three have. Anyway, here's my take.

Seeker's Ally
Prerequisite: The Seeker patron, Pact of the Blade feature

You can create a silver whip using your Pact of the Blade feature. The whip has iridescent fibers woven throughout the weapon and has the reach property. You may cast any damaging cantrip that targets a single creature and that requires a melee attack (i.e., you must score a hit with the whip) to a maximum range of 10ft. As a bonus action, you may expend a spell slot to activate your Shielding Aurora (note: this activation is in addition to your normal, once-per-short or long rest activation)

So instead of the nova smite, you get more uses of Shielding Aurora, reach, and a limited version of the first part of Spell Sniper. Obviously, I intend the whip to extend the range of Booming Blade, Green-Flame Blade, and Shocking Grasp.

What do you think? Too much? Too little?

Remove ads