Hope Never Dies - OOC thread [Full]

Lichtenhart

First Post
After having enjoyed for years so many great games here on the boards I feel it's time for me to give something back. Since this would be the first pbp I run (and also my first long-running DMing experience) I'll need a comfortable environment though.

This is what I offer:
- A high-fantasy-high-magic world that unfolds as the characters explore it. I ask each joining player to bring with them an element they'd like to see in the setting.
- Lots of plots and subplots based on characters' backgrounds. I ask each joining player to make a character they will like to play for a long time.
- Lots of customized magic items and unique powers. You can ask for one right at character creation. I'm a very generous DM. Use your imagination.
- Speed. I'm willing to post once a day or more. I ask you to do the same.

This is what I ask:
- 4 players to begin with. If I feel like it I could open another recruitment later. If you don't make it in the first cut, you'll be my alternates.
- 4 5th level characters. 84 points to spread among stats as you wish. Full hp (but for the later levels I'll roll them for you). All good and neutral alignments allowed (and the DM likes good more;)). I don't care which book you want to take things from, as long as you give me info on them. I REQUIRE though that you do your best to make a well balanced party (That is a fighterish, a roguish, a wizardish and a clericish, so you know). This should save both you and me a lot of pain.
- 4 interesting backgrounds. The characters you always wanted to play but never found the right campaign. This is the right campaign. I'll build your home country starting from what you tell me about it. I'll make NPCs starting from what you tell me in your story. I'll make adventures starting from the plothooks you give me. The more beautiful your backgrounds are, the more beautiful this game will be.
- Speed. Please, if you can't post for a few days, don't freeze the game for everyone else. Give me the chance to move things on a bit.

This is where we start:
You already know each other, for you just escaped from the dreaded Hopeless Island, a prison for hopeless criminals. You were in the same cell, became friends, and your plan to escape together worked. You have a strange feeling someone helped you though. Anyway you all were innocent and unjustly accused. What will you do now?

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
I'm interested.

Edit - I have a few ideas in mind but they all cover the arcane caster role to some extent.

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
It is very likely to find me and the bandits above at the #ir channel on Psionics.net IRC. If you don't know how to go there, Kalanyr (who looks very helpful ;)) will explain you.

After some insistence I allowed gestalt and fractional bab/saves rules from Unearthed Arcana. I add a house rule of mine though. At every level you can also take the same class level twice, and get extra bonuses (decided by me) related to that class. (e.g. Fighter/Fighter, -2 to all armor penalty checks).

Last edited:

DanMcS

Explorer
I'd like to play, if you still need more people. I'll be offline the rest of the day, but I'll check back this evening. My character ideas are running along druidish lines.

Kalanyr

Explorer
To reach #IR, either use the Enworld Java Pilot and after connection to #dnd3e type /join #IR or download Mirc from www.mirc.com, and select the Psionics.Net server from the drop down box, in the server section of the options. And then hit connect. After connecting type /join #IR.

If my explanation is unclear let me know and I'll do my best to help you out.

Voadam

Legend
I'm interested, I can't guarantee weekend posts but I can generally commit to one post per weekday.

I'm thinking a CN full orc barbarian mercenary seeking his fortune. Full of warrior bravado and cares about personal honor, but couldn't really care less who he deals with except as he learns about them as individuals.

Is the 84 points before racial adjustments?

For a custom item I'm thinking some sort of magical tatoo that gives him powers, perhaps an eyepatch that lets him see invis, or something like that.

Voadam

Legend
wow, the fourth slot filled in in-between clicking reply and post.

Would this be here in the playing the game forum or on the other one you mentioned. I'd only be interested here to keep it easier for me to check on it.

Remove ads