Hoping to find testers for a shelter-in-place-friendly D&D app

hunterloftis

Villager
Thanks, that's useful feedback! I'll probably need to address it on the site.

Roll20, in some way, inspired the project. It's the first thing we tried after we couldn't meet in person, and we spent the first hour trying to get audio/video issues worked out (never did), and then spent half of the rest of the session trying to figure out why we weren't all seeing the same thing (lots of page refreshes) or why someone couldn't move something (lots of configuration).

Especially after working in the space and seeing how hard it is, I respect Roll20 for making what they have into a success, but I would like something simple, minimal, and reliable. Additionally:
  • I want this to be a tool. Closer to a document editor than a game. So no rules, no character sheets, etc. Just a shared space that syncs the party remotely.
  • I want to encourage and enable improvisational gameplay through very fast, intuitive, world sculpting. A sketch that looks nice and is instantly readable by players.
  • I'd like to simplify some of the manual tasks our DM was frustrated by in Roll20 (like manually updating visibility) by using the semantic data of the world (this is a wall, this isn't a wall) to do things like field-of-view calculations.

So, kind of a r20 lite, more of a virtual table with a few bells and whistles than a full on VTT. Sounds neat.

What's your intended target system? A website / service, a dedicated software on a pc or some mobile app? I'd be OK testing some, if it's something I can run.

hunterloftis

Villager
more of a virtual table with a few bells and whistles than a full on VTT.

Exactly! Except, I hope very few bells and whistles. I'm going for (0) see/talk to your friends reliably, (1) intuitive map sketching, (2) miniatures, (3) dice rolling, in that order, and absolutely nothing more. Here's the current state of painting a map:

What's your intended target system? A website / service, a dedicated software on a pc or some mobile app?

Browser-based, compatible with Windows/Linux/Mac. My goal is that even my least technical party members can just click on a link and get playing.

I'd be OK testing some, if it's something I can run.

Awesome! Sign up here: Table of Sending

Attachments

• EXY6MXQXgAERQg_.jpg
    EXY6MXQXgAERQg_.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 121

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases