D&D 5E Horde of the Dragon Queen minis list

AstroCat

Adventurer
I started putting together a big ole list of what I'm gonna need to run this sucker. Here is my first pass. I think some of the named might be ok without minis but we'll see. I am gonna start looking through my collection and see what I'll need to pick up. Totally open to suggestion, edits, etc...

Oh and of course if your gonna play in it... Spoiler city!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1COEUE0FKWsvNnjuixn7fJ35awyoMcTI_ymfiBOax3JA/edit?usp=sharing

Here's the list in this post too...scroll down... (does enworld have the "click to open" type spoiler tag?)

Episodes 1 - 3
Named:
Castellan Escobert the Red
Frulam Mondath
Governor Nighthill
Langdedrosa Cyanwrath (1/2 Blue Dragon champion)
Leosin Erlanthar
Linan commoner (Cuth and 3 children secondary)
Rezmir
Sergeant Markguth (Old Veteran)

Monsters:
Acolytes 2
Adult Blue Dragon (Huge) 1
Ambush Drake 6
Cultists 12
Dragonclaws 4
Guard 5
Guard Drakes 4
Human Berserkers 2
Kobolds 22
Kobolds, Winged 5
Roper 1
Stirges 10
Swarm of Rats 2
Townsfolk 6
Troglodytes 4
Violet Fungi 4

Episodes 4 - 6:
Named:
Ardred Briferhew Human Veteran
Azbara Jos (Red Wizard of Thay)
Blagothkus (Cloud Giant)
Bog Luck Half Orc
Brother Caemon Human Priest Amaunator
Captain Othelstan
Cultist Veteran Female
Dralmorrer Borngray Elf
Jamna Gleamsilver
Ontharr Frume
Pharblex Spattergoo Bullywug
Rath Modar (Red Wizard of Thay)
Sandeyl Morgia (Vampire Female Moonelf)
Talis the White
Tharm Tharmzid Dwarf (secondary) and 2 Human Helpers (Secondary)
Trepsin Troll 4-armed!
Wessic the Wizened (Old Male Human Wizard)

Monsters:
Adult White Dragon (Glazhael)
Air Elemental
Dwarf Female
Ettercaps 3
Giant Spiders 5
Merchant (Noble) 1
Merchant Guards 3
Helmed Horror 1
Griffon
Hobgoblins 6
Hobgoblin Captain 1
Human Veterans (Talis guards) 2
Lizardfolk 12
Human Bandits 12
Troll 2
Orcs 4
Ogre 3 (maybe up to 12 but secondary)
Perytons 2
Giant Lizards 8
Giant Frogs 12
Bullywugs 12
Crocodiles 8
Shambling Mound
Will-o-Wisps 3
Yuan-ti Malisons 2
Yuan-ti Purebloods 3
Otyugh
Giant Centipede 10
Dragonwing 10
Spectre 6
Gargoyles 4
Gray ooze
Rug of Smothering
Scout Human female
Stag (Elk)
Stone Giants 2
Stone Golems 2
Swam of Centipede 8
Vampire Spawn 2
Wyverns 2

Last edited:

AstroCat

Adventurer
Also if anyone has any good ideas for which minis to use for each that would be helpful. I'm currently looking at all pre-painted options, including pathfinder ones or whatever. Doesn't matter where it comes from as long as it looks like the right one and it's already painted. :)

AstroCat

Adventurer
Cool, yeah I might have to get a few of those Gale Force 9 "named" minis that are coming out. But I usually use pre-painted guys. I have a ton of them but there are several on the Horde list I am gonna have to add. Hardest part is picking which ones to use. Just gonna start at the top and make my way down. Interestingly enough the Acolytes aren't really explained in the module. I assume they are above cultist but below Dragonclaws, although they never show up again after episode 1.

AstroCat

Adventurer
What are people using for the cultists? I am thinking a mix of rogue/black outfit looking minis and using the Enforcers from the new set for the Dragronclaws.

vandaexpress

First Post
Sorry for the thread necro, but I wanted to share something that might be helpful for others on this topic re: cultist minis.

I was wracking my brain trying to find good cultist figures for use in HotDQ and RoT. I loved the Cult of the Dragon Enforcer from the most recent set, but was struggling to figure out how I would represent the different levels of cultists (cultist, acolyte, dragonclaw, dragonwing, dragonfang, cult fanatic, dragonsoul, etc) , especially since the enforcers are in such demand that it's not easy to find them in quantity for less than $4 a pop.

While browsing coolstuffinc, I stumbled across minis that fit the flavor (dark leather, mantles, spikes, humanoid, creepy looking) of the cult PERFECTLY-- The Vong minis in the star wars sets. Granted, they don't have scimitars, but they have creepy-looking whips and staves with (what look like) dragon heads on the ends. Best part? Many of them can be found for under a buck a piece. I picked up a huge variety of them and will be taking them to a friend to accent the pieces with the color of the dragon that cultist is devoted to. I'll post pictures when she finishes up with them. To make it work, I'm swapping the weapons on some of the cultist statblocks to match the minis. Maybe coming up with a dragonwhip weapon or something.

I guess the moral of the story is don't be afraid to browse sci-fi minis every now and then if you run a fantasy campaign. :)

Remove ads