House rule for Going below 0 hp and get up again with a good berry or a healing

Hello fellow Dms and Players i like you advice on if any have any good advice on a house rule. When a player goes below 0 hp. what i mean is i think it is wrong a player don't have any Restrictions if below 0 hp and get a heal . he can just stand up fight like nothing have happened. i have thought about it give 1 Exhaustion

like to get as many ides if you have any

Thanks

I have a simple House Rule that I've been using since the start of 5e:

Grievous Wounds: whenever a creature is reduced to zero hit points they immediate gain one level of Exhaustion.

It's a simple rule that eliminates the Weeble-Wobble Tank™

what happen if they go down again ? 1 more Exhaustion ? because Exhaustion can be a deady Debuff to put on players that why i like to see all opinions on this

Sadras

Legend
When a player goes below 0 hp ...(snip)... and get a heal . he can just stand up fight like nothing have happened.

You may also house rule that the first round after being healed he is only allowed a move action as he first has to come to and get a grip of his surroundings. He would not be as alert as when he first entered into combat. So he is climatising to the situation around him, therefore he only gets a move action which is usually, grabbing his fallen items and standing up since he would more than likely have been prone.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
You may also house rule that the first round after being healed he is only allowed a move action as he first has to come to and get a grip of his surroundings. He would not be as alert as when he first entered into combat. So he is climatising to the situation around him, therefore he only gets a move action which is usually, grabbing his fallen items and standing up since he would more than likely have been prone.

Riffing on this, you could say that the character suffers from the Incapacitated condition during the character's first turn that they've been healed above 0 hit points.

This has the same effect, but simply uses an existing mechanic to explain it.

Horwath

Legend
-1 to attack, saves, checks, AC and DCs per put down to 0 instance.

Cleared on short rest.

penalty of -3 or greater requires long rest.

If ever penalty would reach -6 you die.

Quartz

Hero
I have a simple House Rule that I've been using since the start of 5e:

Grievous Wounds: whenever a creature is reduced to zero hit points they immediate gain one level of Exhaustion.

I would finesse that by limiting it to the end of the PC's next turn after they are brought above 0 HP. Think of it as the boxer who goes down, is shaky for a bit when she gets up, then clears her head.

Remove ads