• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E How are you feeling about 5e?

How do you feel about D&D now, and 5e?

• I like all D&D variants, except 5e.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike all D&D variants, except 5e is awesome.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

I'm not sure I care for how "4E" gets separated from "Everything Else" when it comes to versions, but that's a moot point.

I also gave you options for like everything (for "D&D Army folks"), hate everything, and the lemon curry, for those picky eaters who don't like being categorized but like answering polls.

I did 4e v. everything else because everything else is a long list. OD&D, AD&D, AD&D + UA (1.5e), 2e, 3e, 3.5e, PF, Castles & Crusades, OSRIC, BECMI, Hackmaster . . . something from Bad Axe Games . . . there's just a whole lot variants on "basically D&D but not the current edition".

If I gave you choices for each of those, the poll would be way too long, and if I left something out, someone would be mad.

Whatever happened to Diaglo anyhow? He's been quiet, too quiet . . . :uhoh:

I don't know, reading this foruns I came to conclusion that I don't like d&d that much, I hated ad&d, liked 3e until I played a epic game and like 4e but it is with choices overload to me now. I really like RPG but it is more to me a good way to spend with friends than a way of life or something like that and as now I have less time to play I prefere something simpler like savage worlds to D&D, to tell the truth I don't particularly care for the d&d idiosyncrasies like HPs, classes, levels, divine magic in general... I like some worlds like darksun but I could play then with other systens.

So I think I'm done with 5e, I will probably but the core books and read but sincerely I'm more interested in the 13th age than 5e now, in the end maybe the 4e isn't d&d thing is right, to me the sacred cow slaying was the best part, and I think that more cows should have been killed :-D

So I let d&d for you guys that love it.

Ratskinner

Adventurer
I was looking for "I like all D&D variants and will wait and see. Needs rules innovation." So I took the closest non-curry answer. (Although, I'm eating a curry for dinner...)

In any case, the only rules innovations I want to see involve making the game faster, easier, more flexible, and simpler to play and create with. While I know its against the trend, I'd like to see 5e back off the idea of accumulating tiny situational bonuses and mods being the core of character growth. I don't mind a bit of complexity and character differentiation, but it needs to be rewarding and engaging from a fun/story/playful point of view.

Generally speaking, though. I'm fairly optimistic about at least the basic game being pretty good. Way too early to tell about the whole kit and kaboodle, though. We haven't heard very much about what modules they are testing or not. I'd hate to see the big/important ones get tacked on too hastily at the end (even if they're ones I won't be using much.)

Quickleaf

Legend
I feel there isn't enough hard info released (because the game is like at 15% of initial design being done) to lean one way or the other about 5e.

Does that mean I should choose Lemon Curry? ...and what *is* lemon curry anyhow?

messy

Explorer
i'm feeling curious, but i won't be switching. at best, i'll steal some ideas for my homebrew (which i do with every edition).

dd.stevenson

Super KY
I prefer non-4e & will wait and see. Needs backwards compatibility.

And by "backwards compatibility" I mean "straight talk about the OGL".

You want me to make D&D my game again? Stop faffing about like a used car salesman and show me the contract already. Or just leave off bothering me and come back when you're ready to talk business.

Ichneumon

First Post
I'm experiencing feelings of deep concern and trepidation, mainly over where the new bookshelves for all the 5e material will fit.

I also want lemon curry.

Falling Icicle

Adventurer
I'm cautiously optimistic about 5e, based on what I've heard so far concerning their design goals and so forth. But it's far too early to say one way or another whether I will like it enough to play it. We haven't been given any real concrete information yet, just teasers, articles about design philosophy and other vague tidbits.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads