D&D 5E How broken would it be to let people always spend a bonus action to make an off-hand attack, even if they didn't use an Attack action with a primary?

GreyLord

Legend
I would like to see 6 action points per turn. for 6 seconds of round duration.

Normal attack could be 2 AP, twf action could be 3AP
using -5/+10 feats for 1 attack; 3 AP
2nd attack in round 4AP(2AP with Extra attack feature)
movement 2AP, rogues with cunning action 1AP(once per round only)
standing up, mounting, dismounting, drawing/stowing weapon/shield; 1AP
movement without AoO(disengage) 4AP, rogues with cunning action 3AP
movement with stealth(Hide) 4AP, rogues with cunning action 3AP

That seems overly....complex.

Not so sure I like the idea.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
This is how its set up in the crown of the magister game and it works fine, isn't at all overpowered. For most it will just be a single die of damage, only a few classes gain some additional benefit on the hit.

ECMO3

Hero
This is how its set up in the crown of the magister game and it works fine, isn't at all overpowered. For most it will just be a single die of damage, only a few classes gain some additional benefit on the hit.
It has been a while since I played, but that is not how I remember it. I remember TWF in crown of magistar functioning identical to RAW.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
It has been a while since I played, but that is not how I remember it. I remember TWF in crown of magistar functioning identical to RAW.
Nah, I think I recall they couldn't program it properly to trigger with the attack action so if you're wielding two weapons, you can always make an offhand attack as a bonus action. It follows all other rules so you need the correct fighting style to add your ability bonus to the attack, but otherwise, it's always an option for your bonus action.

Remove ads