How busy are you?

Draggy

First Post
Nash> Three jobs!? OIY! You make my work week seem -managable- :lol:

Work is what sucks up most of my life. I'm a second shifter so I work when everyone else is enjoying primetime, am up when everyone else is asleep, and am asleep when everyone else is at work!

I need to get a third shift job >_>'; *refuses to consistently work early mornings...which is anything before noon, really* I know, I'm bad XD

Kallikrates

First Post
Well my classes at college are fun...less.

Kidding...

Let's see...I am working with BOE-Bots which were developed by Parallex.
They are the easiest, and that's after I took a few hours to get my BOE-Bot to go in a straight line.

Then after that is actually learning everything about everything inside, around, or near a computer. Ya know... CD/DVD Drives, Floppy Drives, Hard Drives, the things I hope all of ya know. I don't wanna confuse myself or anyone else with a whole list of acronyms like SIMM, DIMM, RIMM, SCSI, IDE, or FAT.

Trust me...they all have meanings. Actually one of them doesn't really belong and only one may be familiar to some people.

After that I put English class in the middle of the list. I'm pretty happy with it since we have free reign over what we write, which is all dependent on what type of essay it is.
Cause and Effect this currently.

Then I run into a wall with Networking. Right now...we are on subnetting. Not fun at all. Very difficult to comprehend for this one. But I suppose no one knows how to subnet here, me included.

After that is Programmable Logic Controllers. Ya...an elective...that I wish I had never signed up for. My hopes of passing that class left long ago, but that doesn't mean I'm not trying to do the work. I just don't understand much of it.

PLCs are what controls the way things happen in factories.
But of course, the PLCs need to be programmed first...

And I won't be a PLC programmer...

Ya...sorry for the eye sores!

Elf_Ariel

First Post
Heh, surprisingly a few of those are familiar to me. But that's coz, well, back in the day I was a computer nut...did all kindsa courses etc.

Kreepy huh.

Personally I keep my computer nerdishness to a minimum of PIC 'n EEPROM board designing and manufacture. Yeah, I make my own goodies. Like digital clocks, the control circuits for radio control cars, basic OBD2 scan tools and other weird and whacky stuff. Blame my father, he started it!

James V

First Post
Yeah I'll have free time coming up, weird week, Seen a buncha old friends I adore as true friends for life, then was dumped by the ex claiming I'm not a good enough boyfriend. LOL. In all seriousness though, I've been busy with writing fictional stories based on characters from places I've met, and who they are in my vision, basing their characteristics on what life has done, and piecing together their past, its rather interesting, like one large jigsaw puzzle.

Kirion Violatta

First Post
Hey Draggy long time no see :D. Hmm busy life ehh. My boss is talking about moving me to mids >_> Ahhh but still I get to sleep plenty thouhg :D. Odd hours sucks I know when I was in tech school I had 4pm to 12am and had to march all day to and from class >_>. Ouch...

But take care Draggy and good to see ya again

Kallikrates

First Post
Hey look it's the beginning of November...

So it looks like we may be getting busier...

Over-commercialized holidays and all that.

Now I'm getting busy bashing my ISP provider around.

Jeez...putting up charges for stuff that none of us ordered and just now I had to fight just to get here.

*sighs*

Isn't technology just wonderful!?!? *sarcasm*

reapertain

First Post
On weekdays my university education keeps me occupied for most of the hours in the day (not to complain of course, as I am far more giddy than any schoolboy could ever be concerning my studies) and over the weekends and spare hours of the evening days I keep to my employment for that ever so ellusive money for college-students. That, more or less, is where I have been, when Im not online. When I find need to rest from my current research, I may pop in to say hello to those who remember old Reap & co., but more or less it is once in moonth I'd say.

...just thought I'd say something before I continue with my work...

Remove ads