How can I disenchant a Necklace of strangulation?

AGGEMAM

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
We just saved a NPC who was wearing it. Now is there a way to disenchant it (and keep those tasty 30000 gp)?

How did you save him?

The market value is 60.000 gp, but is worthless without the enchantment.

Lichtenhart

First Post
Our wizard employed his brand new limited wish. Never seen a happier mage :)

I thought that the necklace itself was worth the 30000 gp of material components. Is it not?

AGGEMAM

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
I thought that the necklace itself was worth the 30000 gp of material components. Is it not?

While it is correct that use up half the market value in creation cost, that doesn't mean the item is actually anything if it looses its enchantment, nowhere does it say or even imply that those raw materials actually has to into the item itself.

It just 'appears' to be worth something, but it is a very powerful magic item and as such easily worth the 60.000 gp in market value, however alignment may play a role (and suffer) if you choose to sell it.

EDIT: the creation cost could easily be justified by the item had sprinkled with powered diamods while it was created, or soaked in gold dragon blood, or something else.

Last edited:

Magus_Jerel

First Post
Mordenkainen's Disjunction

EDIT: the creation cost could easily be justified by the item had sprinkled with powered diamods while it was created, or soaked in gold dragon blood, or something else.

The 30 grand in components will come out... whatever they be. :D

Belares

First Post
Anti-mgic shield

I am wondering if you can remove the necklace if a antimagic field is in effect. It says in spell description that artifacts and god-like items are unaffected, but are cursed items of that magnitude affected?

The necklace can only be removed by nothing shorter than limited wish, Wish, Miracle. That is one powerful cursed item.

Kwalish Kid

Explorer
Ahhhh.....

The first kill of my last campaign was accomplished with one of these babies. The PC ran forward and grabbed the necklace and put it on before anyone else could get it. Sweet, sweet PC death.

An antimagic field will supress the action fo the necklace (though maybe it won't get any bigger, and continue to choke -chuckle-), but it won't still be non-magical when you take it out. Use the standard wish type spells or Mordenkainen's Disjunction to make the necklace a dud.

Remove ads