How did you end your campaign?

Kae'Yoss

First Post
The AD&D-Campaigns (2 FR, 1 EvilRavenloft) I played in just got discontinued after about 12 weeks of not-enough-players-showing-up. The jerks didn't think it appropriate to tell the DM that they wouldn't show up, and after a dozen wasted sundays, I decided to quit that party (and the DM's stopped the campaigns).

The other (Planescape) was discarded for a Vampire game.

In my first 3e Campaign (FR), the (epic) Characters took on an old exiled god (he tried to get revenge on the elves and the Seldarine). One Character became a new member of the Seldarine, and the others turned from active Adventurers into political masterminds (one was a power-hungry elven evoker, the other a half-elven verdant lord who became a high champion of silvanus)

In a d20 Modern StarGate campaign, the bbeg told us we could go home, he wouldn't attack earth for another 500 years, and we went home (the DM's face was well worth it).

The other campaigns (including my first DM session) are still running (although one Ravenloft-turned-FR-turned-Planescape-turned-FR will end today in a fight against a dragon, if we survive we will probably assume roles as retired adventurers; my own evil FR Undercark CotSQ campaign ends next session, too, but will have a little aftermath as they go seek out the Dracolich Ice to get their reward for returning a "bauble" to him).

Chacal

First Post
The last one :
1 player moved overseas
I moved 800 km

The previous one :
3 players moved 800 kms (not in my direction :-( )

Chacal

diaglo

Adventurer
the campaign/story hour in my sig ended with the party entering the CotSQ.

technically, we didn't even make it that far. the players started debating over who was gonna take over the reins when the DM (Olgar Shiverstone) left.

needless to say it was very anti-climactic. :(

Sabaron

First Post
The last campaign I DMed ended when the party started scheming to kill their (PC) wizard purely to get his magic items. Never mind that this was someone they'd been adventuring with since the beginning, and was a friend to many of them. They felt like killing him for his stuff.

I haven't DMed for that group since.

Last edited:

WizarDru

Adventurer
As soon as I have one that reaches the end of it's run, I'll let you know. After the first decade, you stop worrying about it. :)

arwink

Clockwork Golem
The campaign ended when the PC's disabled most of the Big Bad Guys defences and killed him. We did a session where the last battle was played out (somewhat earlier than I'd expected, but with myself and the players both tackling high level gaming for the first time, they managed to pull off some unexpected tricks that shortened the planned adventures a little).

When the big bad was destroyed, and the source of his power broken, we spent the rest of the session doing an epilogue - what was likely to happen to the PC's in the future, what kind of actions they'd like to take, and what happens to their families. The barbarian eventually died, the wizard dissappeared, and the cleric devoted himself to protecting the kingdom they'd put together and watching over the groups heirs.

Of course, the main reason for this was because our next campaign was supposed to be in the same setting, some ten to twenty years after their victory, but we ended up starting in a different world due to an influx of new players.

just__al

First Post
The campaign ended when the party decided that they needed to kill the Sorceror that tried to feed the party to his vampire father back when they were first level.

The party paid the head of the local theives guild (all they knew that he was "the guy to go to" if you needed info) for the location of the sorceror. He told them that he was a lord of the rival kingdom to the north and provided them with excellently forged papers indetifying the party ranger as the King's cousin and his entourage who were going into the rival kingdom to start discussions on opening the border again.

The party gets over the border and eventually make their way to see the sorceror. The Sorceror's paige is very surprised to see the party and informs them that the Lord is indisposed and they'll have to wait in the guest mansion (not all that impressive) until the next day.

The party asks around about the lord and finds out that he's lord now since his father the vampire hunter cleric was killed hunting vampires and was buried in his temple which was razed out of respect by the son.

The next day, the Sorceror goes to meet the party and they manage to kill him in a pretty nasty battle and use illusions to make it look like the party wizard went berserk and tried to kill the sorceror and that the party wizard was on her way to his father's temple (which they had trouble finding).

They follow the guards but when they get to the temple, and meet up with a dwarven cleric and his cohorts all carrying stakes (dead character's new character) the guards beat feat.

The razed temple is the father's lair replete with traps, undead, and most notibly a slay living trap guarding the almost grown but not yet complete clone of the sorceror.

The temple has many false coffins, vampire spawn etc in the many underground levels. The party wizard gets cornered by 3 wights when the party splits up and dies. Finally the vampire is "slain" and they beat him back to every coffin he makes a b-line for and he actually gives up as he finally started to remember what he was like before he became a vampire and just waits until he dissipates.

Since we rotate campaigns between DM's. We ended the campaign with the party being scried and their finding out that it's the sorceror back from the dead. I'm not sure if we'll pick up there when it's my turn to DM again, of if I'm going with my world that's 99% water.

alsih2o

First Post
Tsunami said:
So how have you ended your campaigns? One paragraph for each campaign, please, just to keep things short and sweet.

"oh, yeah? well :) :) :) :) you and your :) :) :) :) :) :) :) dwarf piece of :) :) :) :) "

My dwarf piece of :) :) :) :) , mine?!?! what about your petty little :) :) :) :) :) :) :) of a fruity elf? he is the one :) :) :) :) :) :) the whole party with his :) :) :) :) brained attitude!"

" :) :) :) :) :) you and your stupid minis and your :) :) :) :) :) :) :) rules lawyering! you miserable :) :) :) :) -faced :) :) :) "

"ME?!!? ME?!?! why you little :) :) :) :) :) drinking :) :) :) ! i'll :) :) :) your skull in your two faced munchkin piece of :) :) :) :) "

diaglo

Adventurer
WizarDru said:
As soon as I have one that reaches the end of it's run, I'll let you know. After the first decade, you stop worrying about it. :)

well that's what you get when you run the older editions. :D

Remove ads