• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How do you end a thread?

Knight Otu

First Post
Generally, you don't. If the thread has run its course, it will sink down automatically, not bothering anyone.
If there is a good reason for this, you can also ask a moderator to close the thread. This is usually only done if a flame war is brewing or has started, or if duplicate threads exist (though duplicates are more commonly deleted).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Starting a thread is just like starting a conversation with people in real life. If you begin a conversation with a group of people and partway through get what you wanted (info or whatever), you can't just command them all to stop talking and tell them that the conversation has ended. If you want to, you yourself can, of course, leave that conversation and let the others continue.

jdavis

First Post
I just stop posting in the thread and then assume it no longer exist, I mean if I'm not posting in it then it really doesn't exist for me anymore. :D

Magic Slim

First Post
WanderingMonster said:

CAST (in order of appearance)

Man with Question - Korgan26
Fast Poster - Knight Otu
C + C Music Factory referencer - Hand of Evil
Tongue-in-cheek guy - LightPhoenix
Big Kahuna - Morrus
Guy who's idea I thought was superb - WanderingMonster
Guy who doesn't know when a thread is over - jdavis
Smartbutt - Magic Slim