How do you pronounce 'EN World'?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I actually heard EN World mentioned in my local gaming shop today. While that was cool, what surprised me was that the person in question pronounced it differently to the way it's supposed to be pronounced. It hadn't occured to me that anyone might read the name of the site differently.

So... the correct pronounciation is "E. N. World" - the letters 'E. N.' are pronounced separately. The guy in the shop, however, pronounced it "Enworld".

I can't think of another way it could be pronounced - how do you pronounce it?

Last edited:

Darraketh

First Post
I always thought the EN stood for Eric Noah. (Perhaps you could clear that up for me.) As such I have pronounced it E. N. as though I was reading the initials.

I always said Ee En Wurld. Though I imagine you Brits pronounce have something like a silent W in World.

;)

Hey, Russ, quick question. When is the due date for submissions to the next open issue of Asgard.

William Ronald

Explorer
Morrus,

Congratulations again on the notice in Polyhedron.

I always say EN World as you do. The name derives from Eric Noah. The intials are EN. Trying to make is sound like "en" in "broken" is inappropriate. (Try referring to me as WR as a single syllable, and I'll have to assume you have spent to much time playing Werewolf: The Apocalypse.)

Besides, EN or en means 'in" in Spanish and "lord" in Sumerian. So it's already taken.

Eye Tyrant

First Post
E.N. here! If it were pronounced "in-world", well it just seemed obvious to me that it's E.N. But then again I was here when Eric still had his "Eric Noah's blah blah blah.... Site"! :D

Holy Bovine

First Post
E. N. World for me too (or E N Boards). I hope you set those miscreants straight Morrus, calling this place Enworld!

Do they think its a fansite for Enya or something?!

The very nerve!

If I find out who they are

oo

arr

agh

I'm choking on my own rage here!

Remove ads