Level Up (A5E) How does 5.5e/6e impact Level Up?

As a benefit: You can ignore it.

Because Level Up is 5e compatible you can just roll up your normal 5e character and add "Supply" to your character sheet instead of rations and water. Everyone else can use their Level Up characters and monsters and you can still enjoy the game you like!
I don’t generally buy things I’m going to ignore, but of course I don’t buy D&D books anyway, so…

Honestly sounds to me like 5e isn't the game for you either. 5e is still a crunch based system, shallow though it may be. I'd definitely suggest looking into narrative based games that might be more in line with your preferred gaming experience.
Nope. 5e is perfect for me and my group. The Most fun we’ve had with an RPG in the last 30 years.

Honestly sounds to me like 5e isn't the game for you either. 5e is still a crunch based system, shallow though it may be. I'd definitely suggest looking into narrative based games that might be more in line with your preferred gaming experience.
To expand on my previous comment a bit. We have dabbled in narrative style games. But I just didn’t fit us. They’re too much work.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
I don’t generally buy things I’m going to ignore, but of course I don’t buy D&D books anyway, so…
Well, no, I mean... If your DM is buying the Level Up system but you don't wanna play Level Up you can just play 5e D&D at the same table.

Your 5e character can be at your DM's Level Up Table and still be part of the same game without much problem.

That's all.

Though if you're -buying- Level Up, yeah. You should probably use it.

Well, no, I mean... If your DM is buying the Level Up system but you don't wanna play Level Up you can just play 5e D&D at the same table.

Your 5e character can be at your DM's Level Up Table and still be part of the same game without much problem.

That's all.

Listen, I’m not trying to bash level up. I’m just saying it’s not for me. And that’s OK. It is something my DM is interested in. But I doubt the rest of the group will be.

That's all.

Also just because my DM buys it doesn’t mean much, he’s got every campaign setting and we’ve never played in at any of them..

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
Listen, I’m not trying to bash level up. I’m just saying it’s not for me. And that’s OK. It is something my DM is interested in. But I doubt the rest of the group will be.
You're being very polite and respectful, so please don't take this the wrong way, but: if you're so opposed to the fundamental design precepts of Level Up, why/how are you even watching this specific sub-forum?

Speaking only for myself, doing what you're doing would probably turn into a source of anxiety for me. Seems like you could probably give yourself permission to disengage at this point and you'd likely be happier with the end result.

On the other hand, if you're just curious or you feel like you're somehow obligated to provide a countervailing point of view, don't let me chase you off, either. Like I said, you're certainly not being a jerk about things, and I don't want to come off as hostile or make you feel unwelcome, but I am genuinely and sincerely puzzled as to what this is doing for you at this point.

Remove ads