Pathfinder 1E How evil is trading a soul?

PnPgamer

Explorer
Long story short, my players found 4 soul gems (looted from vanquished evil outsiders) with souls inside them. They were willing of selling them away for profit on the basis that the souls in them are evil. How evil of an act are my players committing?

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
They didn't take the souls initially, they aren't destroying them, but they are acting as middle-men in transactions with them as fungible resources - not greatest of evils, but on the road to Hell kind of behavior.

I guess all depends on their alignment and whether this is all in character. And the consequence of what the souls are used for could be a hook for future challenges

nevin

Hero
so bad that when they've won the campaign saved the world and defeated all evil on it, that they should be shocked as they are picked up and dragged to hell. I can't see any possible redemption unless they go find all the souls and return them to whoever should have recieved them at death.

cowpie

Adventurer
I guess all depends on their alignment and whether this is all in character. And the consequence of what the souls are used for could be a hook for future challenges
Yep -- have the buyers be minions of the evil souls, who have been searching high and low for their missing masters. They restore the recovered souls back into physical bodies, bringing their evil back into the world.

Remove ads