How has the Coronavirus affected your roleplaying games?

aco175

Legend
My regular group meets after the boy scout meeting for a few hours. Boy scout in my area recommends not having meetings if the local schools are not meeting, plus the local schools are closed for at least next week. Right now we are still planning on gaming since everyone is family and we have been in contact right along, but may move the site to one of our houses instead of the hall we normally meet.

Nytmare

David Jose
Son's college has shut down, and the TV show I was working on had it's plug pulled because of the pandemic. We put ourselves on voluntary quarantine because both of our jobs had us at the crux of a TON of possible disease vectors and I want to make sure that we're healthy and able to help our elderly friends and family members if worse comes to worse.

We pulled the plug on our normal weekly gaming get togethers, at least until testing becomes a things that we can do. My son and I are toying around with setting up time every night to do some table top or role playing. My primary gaming group has started talking about whether we should use this as an opportunity to check out Roll20.

My gaming group which meets in Seattle has been indefinitely suspended. One of the players was exposed to the coronavirus and is now self-quarantined. I had planned to attend a gaming convention in Oregon in two weeks but now that has been canceled.

My local group is tentatively scheduled to still play.

Tallifer

Hero
We started playing our OSR Westmarch game on-line. Six players and the dungeon master and we could include our friend in Vietnam.

Demon in the Mirror.jpg

Longspeak

Adventurer
All my regular gaming is online. A convention I was going to help out at (ironically because the original person backed out due to fears of coronavirus) was cancelled.

BigJackBrass

Explorer
It hasn't affected my regular weekly game as that's played through Google Hangouts, although obviously there could be knock on effects from some of the players having to keep their kids at home all day or rearrange things for their jobs.

The main impact so far was missing the Airecon convention in Harrogate this weekend, which was very disappointing. The convention went ahead, but we decide to cancel our attendance as my father is very ill and the increased risk of passing on an infection was simply too great.

MarkB

Legend
I run a D&D game on alternate Saturdays. Since I decided to cut out non-essential social contacts last week, we ran yesterday's game via Discord. It worked surprisingly well - we could all hear each other, and the game proceeded with our usual mix of fun and banter.

I'm also in a D&D club that meets every Friday, and I will simply not be attending that for the duration. That's going to be an issue next month, as I was due to be a DM in our next quarterly session, but it's looking unlikely that the club will be continuing at full strength by then in any case.

hawkeyefan

Legend
My group meets Tuesdays at my house. I live somewhat close to Westchester, NY....close enough that one of my players lives and works there, and another player works there. A third player is a nurse at our local hospital.

So needless to say we’re not meeting for the next session, and probably not for a few weeks at least. Hopefully, things are contained and everything calms down.

We’re gonna play by Discord, and use theater of the mind until we’re able to meet again.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases