How has the Coronavirus affected your roleplaying games?

Shiroiken

Legend
We play on Roll20, and figured it wouldn't affect us. Instead their servers got overloaded and were slow as hell (one player couldn't even load the home page). We managed to get through the session, but a few times I just got out dice and rolled them myself (as the DM) if I had to make several rolls in a row. Hopefully Roll20 will be better prepared next week!

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
We played our Sunday Pathfinder game via Google Hangouts. It went OK - some administrative hitches need to be worked out, but overall it was functional.

Reynard

Legend
My regular IRL Monday night game is going to move to Fantasy Grounds for the next few weeks. I don't expect my usual Wednesday night Fantasy Grounds game to be impacted. I do imagine a new con put on by friends of mine scheduled for mid April is going to get canceled, sadly.

Hasn't affected either of my groups at all. Both play via Fantasy Grounds so we didn't experience the issues the folks over on Roll20 have. We just kept on gaming as usual.

I think our characters in our Star Frontiers game are just about to experience a de-railing of the high speed monorail we are on. We ended the game just as the bad guys jumped off the roof of the train using paragliders. I've got a bad feeling about this...!

My regular IRL Monday night game is going to move to Fantasy Grounds for the next few weeks. I don't expect my usual Wednesday night Fantasy Grounds game to be impacted. I do imagine a new con put on by friends of mine scheduled for mid April is going to get canceled, sadly.
You could make it an online con... Try reaching out to FG and see if they might sponsor free licenses for the weekend.

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
How has the Coronavirus affected your roleplaying games? Stay safe everyone.
One of our group is a possible, but they can't test him because the powers that be don't have enough testing capacity to test all possible cases. He's being admitted to hospital tomorrow. Fortunately he hasn't been at the group for a few weeks now, so it's fairly unlikely that he's transmitted it to anyone in the group.

We're making prep to move our gaming to some online forum for the next few months.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
We had planned on playing last night, but then 2 of the 4 players bailed, so then we ended up playing Clank! in Space a couple of times.

I think that'll be the last f2f game for that group for a while. The GM is talking about VTTs.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
We have a game scheduled for this upcoming Sunday, but one of my players has a weakened immune system so we're going to play via Roll20 on Sunday and see how it goes. (I've played distance games with Roll20 and Discord before, but not with this group and none of them have ever played online, so we'll see how it goes...)

Remove ads