How has the Coronavirus affected your roleplaying games?

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
My oldest gaming group had to cancel our regularly-scheduled D&D game this Friday, because one of our players (and his wife, and his 3-year old son) are sick with a fever and cough. --cue ominous music--

Instead of calling the entire night off, however, we decided to try to set up a virtual tabletop for Roll20 and run a one-shot game of Call of Cthulhu. We figured this would be a good way to iron all the bugs out before we jump back into our 5E D&D game later this month or next, possibly remotely.

Well the Malaysian government just announced movement restrictions and shutdown of all non-essential businesses for 2 weeks. No school, no entertainment outlets, no going to mosques and churches and temples.

Looks like I'm going to be doing more gaming from Discord. And catching up on my indie RPG reading backlog!

Reynard

Legend
We thought the Discord outage today was going to kill it, but we got a nice test session on fantasy grounds tonight. I run a FG game weekly but the rest of my IRL group are mostly analog, so it was kind of a big step. I hope we keep it up for the necessary few weeks and use it as an alternative when necessary. I prefer face to face gaming but I will take VTT when I can get it, too.

Nytmare

David Jose
No it hasn't. Nobody in my group has it, so we're still playing as normal.

Dude, take a look at the world around you.

Every country that has been dealing with this for more than a couple of weeks is in complete lock down. States in the US are only now clueing in and shutting down businesses and asking/telling people to stay home. Nobody in your group thinks that they have it, but that's no reason to run the risk of helping this thing spread.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases