How has the Coronavirus affected your roleplaying games?

atanakar

Hero
Final set up. I used a clothes drying hanger to suspend a curtain and my gaming mat.

fUkHxZK.png

BrokenTwin

Biological Disaster
Both of my weekly games have been canceled. Thankfully, the monthly game just happened last weekend, so hopefully it won't experience any more delays than it already does.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Well, after some experimentation, this Saturday’s session will be in google hangouts while I share my screen that is on roll20. I’ll just control the tokens, and we won’t use any of the actual tracking or mechanics of roll20, but they will use dice and character sheets as normal. Basically using roll20 just for visuals

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
My group is all 40+ years and have parents we help out in the 70s and 80s. We are on hiatus until we feel it's safe to continue because not one of us could bear the thought we killed our moms or dads because we had to play DnD instead of staying home for awhile.

I can use the time to Xbox, read, painting minis, or Netflix. I'm not hurting for entertainment.

Sadras

Legend
I devised a RTT last night. Real Table Top surface for our upcoming D&D game using Skype. I'm aware of Roll20, it's just not something I want to use.

I'm not a fan of Roll20 - mostly because I'm not proficient with the system, therefore it slows me down.
You RTT through skype method seems more organic for me particulary when a grid may be required.

We have an admin and socio-political session or two or three coming up so I'm not too concerned as yet for the grid, so Discord will be all that we require initially - maybe a die-bot as well.

With corona, instead of now playing once or twice a month for a stretch of 6-8 hours in a meetup environment, we have decided to rather organise weekly games online of 2 hour stints. We will probably get more done. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases