• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How Many Actual Sessions Has Your Current Long-Term Campaign Had?

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I know a lot of people probably don't keep count, but in keeping notes for a story hour we have been counting and I am amazed when I think of the (to me) staggering number.

We have played 91* sessions in 4 years (we started Febraury 2001). We have played basically every other week (it comes out to ever 16 days or so) for all that time - and the average session length being about 5 hours that is 455 hours of gaming or almost 20 days!

So what are your stats like?

It amazes me that I and a group of people could remain so consistant and play for so long even with the usual number of player roster changes and the like. This definitely my longest campaign ever.

* This does not count email and IM exchanges in-character, and I recently figured out we might have counted wrong at once point and we may really have 89 sessions under our belt. I won't be able to tell until the story hour catches up to the current sessions.

Crothian

First Post
My last long campoaign wasn't that long only 36 sessions ofver a year and a half. We've been having problem sustaining games.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Well, you asked for it. Yes, we keep count. Tomorrow night we will be playing our 932rd gaming session. Our campaign started back in May 1982. We began a low-level spin-off campaign in 1995 but I consider that the same campaign as it is set on the same world, have had characters crossover between the two teams and have even done two combined team modules. We began a totally separate Western campaign a few years back that we alternate modules with and have played a total of 34 game nights of that campaign, so if you subtract those we're up to 898 games of our original campaign.

A lot.

I never kept count. The campaign is the one in my SH, and its lasted from the waning days of WEG D6 Star Wars to now, with an interesting conversion to d20 in there for even more insanity. Its been about 7 or 8 years of game, now.

Ghostwind

First Post
Let's see, my epic group has been together for 20 years now with a minimum of 6 times a year meeting to game (we used to game every weekend when we were all single over 15 years ago), but I have no idea how many gaming sessions that boils down to. I do know it's a lot and that we are in the minority in terms of gaming group longevity. :)

kenobi65

First Post
Gotta be in the range of 500 or more...

We played nearly every week from about 1981 until 1990 or so. Since then, we're down to a few gatherings a year (we're spread out now), but some of those gatherings are 3 or 4 days of serious gaming.

Although there's a lot of player changes, multiple characters, etc., in there, it's still the same game world, with a lot of the PCs still active from back then. And, there's a core of 4 of us players who have been together for 20+ years now.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads