• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How many countries have you visited?

Krieg

First Post
Perun said:
Also, I find it curious to see that quite a number of people visited Coratia, apparently. I presume most were here as part of their service in either the armed forces or the peace-keeiping missions?

Not in the military at the time (EAS'd out of the 'Corps in 94) but was there in an official capacity with another branch of the US Government.

Ferret

Explorer
About three: England, France, Tunisia.

Except I can't remember anything from Tunisia, as I was a toddler at the time.

Samothdm

First Post
Actually "visited":

• United States of America
  • Canada
  • Mexico
  • Italy
  • France
  • Czech Republic
  • Hungary

Airport Stops and Train Routes:

• Germany
  • Slovakia
  • Switzerland

johnsemlak

First Post
Perun said:
Also, I find it curious to see that quite a number of people visited Coratia, apparently. I presume most were here as part of their service in either the armed forces or the peace-keeiping missions?

Well, I visited it as a tourist. We started in Dubrovnik and drove of the coast to Split, then Visited Zagreb and Istria. Really loved it.

I think tourism in Dalmatia is picking up again (as I'm sure you know better than me), but I suppose not as many Americans get there that way.

Funnily enough, I must be one of like a dozen Dalmatians who never went to Italy

I don't really find it funny at all. In my experience there, it seems ot me like Italy pretty much comes to Croatia, so there's no need to visit Italy :) (particularly given the costs)

Old One

First Post
Let's See...

I think I have them all...
  • USA (46 of 50 states meaningfully visited, not just driving through - Alaska, N. Dakota, S. Dakota and Wyoming left)
  • Canada
  • Mexico
  • UK (England, Scotland and Wales - LOVED Wales)
  • Republic of Ireland
  • FRG (West Germany - back in the "Cold War" days)
  • DDR (East Germany - back in the "Cold War" days - did the whole "Checkpoint Charlie" deal)
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • The Netherlands
  • Lichtenstein
  • Luxembourg
  • France
  • Aruba
  • Cayman Islands
  • Bahamas
  • Jamaica
  • US Virgin Islands (St. Thomas/St. Johns)
  • St. Maarten/St. Martin

Some glaring gaps - Latin America, Eastern Europe, the Mediterranean, Pacific Rim.

We are heading to Italy in the fall...doing the whole "Under the Tuscan Sun" thing with 3 other couples at a nice villa outside of Florence. I think we may also shoot for Greek Island trek in 2006.

~ Old One

reanjr

First Post
drothgery said:
Just the US and Canada here (and, well, the 3+ years I"ve lived in California have been far more alien to my midwestern sensibilities than my short stops in Texas have been, so I can't count Texas as a whole 'nother country), though I can add Mexico whenever I want to; the border's about 45 minutes from my place.

I agree, California should be counted as a foreign country for those who live in the midwest. Certainly more than Canada should.

reanjr

First Post
Curiosity

I've seen a lot of Europeans who have visited the US, but not their bordering countries. As I live in the US, it doesn't really seem like that much of a draw for visiting (at least not for the price). What are the reasons people traverse an ocean to come here?

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Have lived in:
United States
Wales

Visited:
England
France
Jamaica
Morocco

Yes, it's amazing -- I've never actually been to Canada, despite living practically next door. :eek:

Khayman

First Post
Prepare to be underwhelmed. :(

Canada (6 provinces, and Nunavut later this year)
USA (2 states, and not the fun ones)

Pretty sad. Every time I have a trip lined up to travel abroad (Egypt, UK, Thailand) something gets bollocksed on the work end. On the plus side, my travels within Canada have been extensive and off the beaten track. Hell, I even lived in Flin Flon...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads