• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How many dice do you put out?

How many dice do you usually put out at the gaming table?

• Dice? Oh, I forgot mine again

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A few; which ever I grab on the way out the door

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • A 'full set', depending on the system being played

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • A few more than a 'full set'; extra d6s, etc

Votes: 58 24.0%
  • Two or more 'full sets', cuz I like having options

Votes: 97 40.1%
  • A pound or more - dice for everyone!

Votes: 63 26.0%
  • None; I use some form of electronic dice

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • None; I only play diceless games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None; I'm too cheap to buy my own dice

Votes: 1 0.4%

Starglim

Explorer
Not a random grab, but not a full set either. In the case of my longsword and longbow-armed ranger I mostly have two dice out on the table, a d20 and a d8.

Davelozzi

Explorer
I usually put out three sets+ for myself (two behind the screen and one near the players), plus at least one set plus+ per layer, except for one or two players that bring their own.

Nebulous

Legend
i keep a glass bowl full of dice for our games. i usually host, and these are dice that have accumulated over the years, although ALL the players bring their own dice and rarely use mine unless we need a bunch of 6's. Now, i do have a special giant DM die that only i use. Anyone else is loathe to even touch the thing. It has DM cooties. :D

I have a medium Paladin's bag (he still around?) full of my various polyhedral sets since I first bought dice. Must be 10-15 sets in there, but strays collected over the years. I usually only pull out all the d4s and d6s, 4-5 d8s (cure critical wounds), a couple d10s, 1d12 (poor lonely d12s), and handful of d20s depending on how many iterative attacks I have. When I DM I carry a cube of 36d6s (from my HERO playing days) for when someone fails that fort save against disintegrate.

Lord Ipplepop

First Post
My roommates seem to have dice fetishes. All of the adults have their own dice (I even keep mnine in a purple Crown Royal bag to feed my "Old-School desires :) ). THe kids, as a rule, don't have any- not that it matters, because every week, it seems, my roommates buy another couple of sets of dice.
Everyone at the table has their own dice, plus we have so many extras that it isn't that hard to find anything extra you might need.

werk

First Post
I have two sets that I use, one red with white, the other red with black, and, of course, my lucky d20 that I've had forever (and that's a mighty long time). People always accuse me that it is unbalanced or fixed because it has a paint filled crack that runs through it (from the mfg), but after a few rolls, they agree that it is still random...I swear!

I also put out the Big Bowl of DiceTM which has more than enough dice for everyone else to use if needed...benefits of being a veteran gamer.

Jedi_Solo

First Post
My dice bag has a few complete sets. What I put on the table depends on the character.

Currently, for my Bard, it is as follows:
5d4 (Wand of Magic Missiles)
4d6 (Not sure why 4 - but there are multiple reasons for 3)
3d8 (Cure Serious Wounds)
2d10 (Percentile)
1d12 (Boy Scout Motto: Be Prepared)
1d20 (Of course)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads