How Many RPG Books Do You Own?

Voadam

Legend
I still need to go through and catalogue my PDF collection. I'm thinking that will dwarf my hard copy collection. Not quite as large as yours though. Looking at just your 5E list, I'm amazed you have so many PDFs for that alone!

PDF bundles suck me in too. I own several Humble Bundle and Bundle of Holding RPG bundles that I've barely even had a chance to flick through, let alone read.

Legendary Games has their 20-for-$20 bundles (I'm using The Murmuring Fountain and some of their Gothic Tomes from these bundles in my 5e Carrion Crown game I'm running right now), Cubicle 7 and Ponyfinder were from Bundles of Holding, and Humble Bundles provided Frog God, Kobold Press, Total Party Kill, and Troll Lord, while Fat Goblin puts out their own fantastic bundles as did a bunch of DM's Guild specials. I keep my eye out regularly for ones that interest me and pounce.

There are also a lot of free and PWYW titles.

ParanoydStyle

Peace Among Worlds
~THESE NUMBERS ARE GUESSES~

I think that I had somewhere like 120 RPG books at my zenith. Many of them were destroyed in a flood (tragic), many more were lost in my move...I think I'm down to maybe 40 at most, with just a tiny fraction of that personally to hand. The other 30-whatever are back home at my parents' places.

Oh and since I've personally written and published a dozen or so RPG books...I'm not counting them since I technically own hundreds or thousands of copies of some (although again, not to hand).

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
I use RPGGeek to inventory my collection (mainly to stop myself from buying the same book twice). Not counting the magazines and only the physical books I'm floating at just over 1,300. Luckily I have a dedicated game room with shelving all around, otherwise I might have a problem.

I have 59 physical books, plus one additional (a misprinted copy of Xanathar's Guide to Everything for D&D 5E, which WotC replaced for me). That doesn't count magazines, single adventures, or PDFs.

I'm a bit apprehensive to catalogue all my PDFs. It's a lot.

Any Stuff? Editions? Types?
1st= about 10
2nd= all Darksun, most forgotten realm boxed, most monster manuals..... so.... 50+
3rd= all Eberron, most Forgotten realm and many others.... so 100+
4th= Core+Darksun so 6th
5th= none
Pathfinder= 20

But then...… torg=5, Rifts=20, Vampire=5or6 Champions= 2or3, Carwars….. So yeah.... too many to count

PS.... not counting PDF's and other internet stuff

jaycrockett

Explorer
Weirdly when I counted my main hardback rpg bookcase it was exactly 100 books. Add to that a secondary shelf, all the boxed sets and modules, it's probably close to 250, plus dragon and dungeon magazines.

I have three 8' by 1' shelves dedicated to rpg books, and they're full plus some I have in a stack that I am going to sell or giveaway.

Yeah I can't count, but I'll do it by shelves. I have 8 full 5 or 6 layer shelves, each shelf is around 2m wide. When you consider some books are thin modules, it must be in the thousands ☺️

I have three 8' by 1' shelves dedicated to rpg books, and they're full plus some I have in a stack that I am going to sell or giveaway.

Yeah I can't count, but I'll do it by shelves. I have 8 full 5 or 6 layer shelves, each shelf is around 2m wide. When you consider some books are thin modules, it must be in the thousands ☺️

Remove ads