• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How much money do plan on purchasing 3E/OGL products this year?

How much money do you plan spending on 3E/OGL products this year

• $0

Votes: 115 49.4%
  • $20 - $100

Votes: 29 12.4%
  • $100 - $200

Votes: 38 16.3%
  • $300 - $500

Votes: 33 14.2%
  • $500 +

Votes: 18 7.7%

La Bete

First Post
most likely $0.

I may pick up a copy of Delta Green I saw in a bookshop, but thats about it.

Edit - I'll keep an eye on Pathfinder. If it lives up to the hype, I may mine it for stuff should I run 3e again.

Last edited:

rgard

Adventurer
nothing planned. but if i see something at Gen Con i can convert for OD&D i might pick it up

Diaglo, if you are still reading this thread...

Did you ever play any of the Specialty Mages from the first 3 issues of Different Worlds?

They were fun for me.

Thanks,
Rich

Hmm, wonder how much I could sell my old 3e books for...

£0

Well, I know the prices have gone up a lot for German rulebooks. They were always more expensive (Buchpreisbindung in German, Austria and Switzerland sets fixed prices for books of given sizes, which are decidedly above the costs for imported American books), but now that 4E is out and German rulebooks are no longer produced, the prices on Ebay have risen a lot.

A new player of us has a kid that wants to start RPGs, and she is complaining about the exorbitant prices... (Not that I think that 3E is the best choice for a beginner, the wealth of material is a good reason to stick to it for now. :/ )

VectorSigma

First Post
Less that $100, for sure. Unless I get the bug to pick up pre-Pathfinder Pathfinder stuff. Right now the only OGL/3e stuff I'm buying is used stuff I didn't pick up the first time (a penny plus shipping for Magic of Incarnum? Sure, why not).

At this point I have nearly everything anyway, and I still have all my previous edition stuff for inspiration/adaptation. I'm not sure what new could come out that I'd pounce on - unless it were a crazy time-saver or something. I might dabble in some .pdfs I don't already have, but I still don't think I'll cross that $100 line.

Which is not to say I wouldn't spend more if the inspiring products were out there.

Festivus

First Post
Voted $0 but only because I don't think Pathfinder RPG will be a good fit for me, but my mind could be changed. I have the book on preorder in order to get the good pricing but if I change my mind before publication I'll just cancel the order. I have sufficient 3.x books to last me a lifetime otherwise.

hewligan

First Post
I would be in the missing $200-300 category, but given that it doesn't exist and that I am probably nearer to $300, I went for the category above.

I have already bought Pathfinder Beta + Guide to Darkmoon Vale + Guide to Korvosa. I will pick up Pathfinder RPG, and quite a few other bits and bobs. If any new Freeport stuff comes out for 3e/Pathfinder, I will buy that.

sjmiller

Explorer
For me it all depends on me getting a new job soon. If I do not, gaming purchases will be zero. If I get one soon I can start buying this summer. Then it will depend on what is available, what looks interesting, and what I can convince my players to play.

I can say this for certain: No money spent on D&D 4e, period. Spending on 3e will hopefully occur, if the stars align correctly.

MithrilKnight

First Post
I said $300-500, which in retrospect might be a bit overstated since I've gotten hooked on Castles & Crusades and don't see myself purchasing much outside of that game system. (Troll Lords might have enough stuff out in 2009 for me to hit that $300 threshold -- we'll see.) Frankly, Pathfinder didn't grab me and I've already got enough 3.x stuff on my shelves to supply ideas for the rest of my life. As for 4e, that didn't grab me either.

Remove ads