• 2 to 3 times per month

Votes: 39 29.5%
  • 1 per month

Votes: 20 15.2%
  • 2 to 3 times per 4 months

Votes: 11 8.3%

Jimlock

Adventurer
............job, family, friends, wife, husband, children, studies, sports, other hobbies, distance, transportation, tastes..........

The list is actually bigger... but you get the point.

Every gamer around the table has his own package... And when everybody's schedule has to be combined with the schedule of others... into one complex puzzle...

...well i don't really know if we really spend the time we would like on the game we love so much.

I get the feeling that we talk about it more than we actually play!

So the question remains... How often do we really play?

Please, share why if you may!

And i don't mean on the Internet... I'm talking about the real thing.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Online play is not "fake". Some folks get a great deal of enjoyment out of it.

Right now, I run a tabletop game twice a month. I play at the occasional gameday or live-action event.

Jimlock

Adventurer
Online play is not "fake". Some folks get a great deal of enjoyment out of it.

Right now, I run a tabletop game twice a month. I play at the occasional gameday or live-action event.

I did not mean it was fake, nor had I any intention of being disrespectful to people who play on the internet.

Having said that, I strongly believe that the actual roleplaying/game happens when people actually meet.

And I'm quite sure that a lot of internet players would trade internet with a tabletop game if their schedule/circumstances allowed them to.

Aeolius

Adventurer

D'oh! Online, I run a chat-based game every Sunday and have for several years. Before that, I ran another chat-based game and before that two PbP games.

My last face-to-face game, however, was in 1994. As you said; family (I have 7 kids), job, etc... Given my schedule and life, if I had to coordinate a face-to-face game, I'd never get to game.

RedTonic

First Post
Yeah, if I had to go by 'in the flesh,' I've done that maybe 5 times in the last 2 years--a generous estimate, at that! And only once this year.

Online (and in no particular system), I play in a weekly BESM game over AIM, have a 3.5e game starting Saturdays, and several PbP games going on all the time.

Jimlock

Adventurer
I play 2 to 3 times per month, I could certainly play twice that much in a month... but our schedules are hard to combine. If it happens during the weekend its great!.. more time!

During the week we play after work and sometimes people don't actually enjoy it because they are tired... Still we never miss the opportunity! Tired or not we do it! :p

Back at school I remember playing like..once or twice a week... Still this didn't last long.

My biggest gap was like... 4 years i think.

Last edited:

hvg3akaek

First Post
Having said that, I strongly believe that the actual roleplaying/game happens when people actually meet.

I play in two monthly games (different groups with minimal overlapping players), and one lunchtime work game (which can happen anywhere from one to five times a week).

I also play by post, and by *far*, more role-playing happens in the PbP games. Lunch games are fun, but are largely 'let's get through this encounter'. And the monthly games, although they contain RP, feel quite lacking if we don't get a few encounters down too. But the PbP games are more relaxed, and even have some amazing RP done in encounters, when we all have a day or three to post our actions for the round.

IronWolf

blank
Our face to face group plays every week. Though there are times we miss and those seem to come in spurts. We do fairly good though at playing regularly.

I left out the PbP games which pretty much takes me to daily though... ;)

IronWolf

blank
I did not mean it was fake, nor had I any intention of being disrespectful to people who play on the internet.

I have seen good examples of roleplaying in both VTT games and definitely in PbP games. PbP is certainly slow paced, but gaming with VTTs and voice chat is actually really fun. In some ways it is more immersive than face to face gaming.

Remove ads