• 2 to 3 times per month

Votes: 39 29.5%
  • 1 per month

Votes: 20 15.2%
  • 2 to 3 times per 4 months

Votes: 11 8.3%

RedTonic

First Post
Personally, I'm shy in face to face interactions. Roleplay is easier for me over chat and forum interfaces; I can get into it more. The people I play with are all fast readers and great typists--and I think they tend to be on the more introverted side IRL as well. Without online gaming, I would likely have not gotten too far into roleplay--I certainly wouldn't be half the student I am without all of the writing practice and concrit the format netted me.

Ahnehnois

First Post
In the last 8 months, I have DMed 10 D&D sessions and 1 CoC d20 session. I have also played CoC once, and we met for at least one movie night. I answered 2-3 times/month, which is a bit generous but it is more than once a month that we've played (in what was truly intended to be a regular weekly game).

Jacob Marley

Adventurer
We try for every Sunday night but, in reality, it is probably closer to four out of every five Sundays. We have been pretty consistent with this schedule for about the last six years or so.

For the record, I voted "once a week" as that is the closest answer.

Tuft

First Post
I DM a small two-player campaign Friday evenings - it started as a one-off to try out the rather tongue-in-cheek Maid RPG. We just played our fifty-fourth weekly session...

Thursday evenings DM an even smaller one-player campaign. Started as a filler for when one of the players above were away... and then got its own day.

Wednesday evenings I play in another two-player campaign.

Saturdays is the major campaign. Five players, from 14.00 to appx 22.00 hours, with usually us cooking a nice gourmet dinner somewhere in the middle.

Campaigns 2, 3 and 4 above are all try-outs for a friends home-brew system.

S'mon

Legend
Online play is not "fake". Some folks get a great deal of enjoyment out of it.

Right now, I run a tabletop game twice a month. I play at the occasional gameday or live-action event.

It's not fake, but it is different, at least the text chatroom and pbem games I've played.

Anyway, I'm up to 3 tabletop games/fortnight if all run, but just had a 2-week gap and am jonesing for a game!

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
I'm currently running a ftf campaign meeting every three weeks.

I've had a short burst of a children's game last autumn but this is in hiatus now. I hope to revive it and run it every other week.

As for online gaming I'm part of the Wizards' VTT Beta test, but found only one slot I could participate in. I'm also a beta tester for another VTT (EpicTable), with which I'm hoping to run a 1e campaign anytime soon.

Remove ads