• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How Often Do You Actually Play?

How Often Do You Actually Play?

• 2 to 3 times per week

Votes: 19 14.4%
  • 1 per week

Votes: 43 32.6%
  • 2 to 3 times per month

Votes: 39 29.5%
  • 1 per month

Votes: 20 15.2%
  • 2 to 3 times per 4 months

Votes: 11 8.3%

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
It's easier to play on a week night because everyone is usually busy at weekends. Though to be fair a week night shouldn't be any harder to do than a weekend evening.
Weekends have two advantages: The ability to start playing earlier, and the ability to wake up late the next day.

If I played after work on a weekday, I'd have to start my game at around 7pm and kick everyone out at around 10pm. That's not a lot of game! What times do you start/end your (you, Umbran, and any others) games?

DrunkonDuty

he/him
I answered "2-3 times a month" in the survey but I think I should down-grade that to "once in a blue moon" based on this week's responses to my weekly "who's available?" email. Only 2 responses from a group of 6 players (not including me.) I can't be arsed with trying to organise people who can't be arsed to respond to an email. I mean, :mad::mad::mad::mad:, how hard is it to send a quick email saying yes or no?

ANyway, that's my little rant on the topic. Thanks for reading.

Keldryn

Adventurer
It's supposed to be every other week, but it frequently ends up being once per month, so that's what I voted for. Of course, the last two sessions got canceled because half of my four players couldn't make it, so it's now been more than a month...

Jimlock

Adventurer
Shouldn't there be an RPG-special-forces-hit-squad-whatever-unit... that actually drags lazy gamers to the table?

I mean there are true reasons for not making it to the session, and then there's those lame arguments like:

1- I'm feeling kind of tired right now...I also have to wake up early tomorrow morning. (Hellooooo! Don't we all?)

2- Sorry! I've made other plans for tonight! (What he means is that he's gonna stay home to play some more of Witcher 2!)

3- I told you I will not make it this week... Didn't I? Well... bummer... (He's taking a "Witcher" week)

Hang them I say!

xipetotec

First Post
My gaming group *IS* my wife, kids and a couple of friends. That being said, it is VERY difficult to coordinate them all into one room. The workaround has been to run one-night scenarios where it doesn't matter too much which players are or aren't there. But I am getting close to being ready to run Call of Cthulhu: Masks the Nyarlathotep, and it's going to take a bit of a commitment from both myself and my players... Yikes!

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
Every gamer around the table has his own package...

Swinging my dice sack casually.

So the question remains... How often do we really play?

I play in a once a week 4E game Tuesday nights, and occasionally make it to Wednesday night Encounters. I also play in two once a month games: another 4E one and a Golden Age M&M one. I wish I could play more, but the whole wife and daughter thing gets in the way. Nah, I kid, but weekends are almost always tied up with family obligations, and I have my meetings at my Masonic lodge and the dive society I belong to during the week, This all assuming I don't put in any overtime at work.

My monthly M&M game is on a Wednesday night, the monthly 4E game is on Sunday afternoon. The weekday games tend to run from 6:30ish to around 10pm, which works great as a self-contained episode from M&M, but can be a drag in the Tuesday 4E game if people spend too much time talking or other non-game related activity before we get started, The once a month 4E game on Sunday is much more relaxed in terms of time it seems, though we play from noon until around 4, which is pretty much the same time span as the weeknights.

Last edited:

DragonLancer

Adventurer
Weekends have two advantages: The ability to start playing earlier, and the ability to wake up late the next day.

If I played after work on a weekday, I'd have to start my game at around 7pm and kick everyone out at around 10pm. That's not a lot of game! What times do you start/end your (you, Umbran, and any others) games?

To answer that, I quote my first page comment:

Currently DMing:

Pathfinder (Rappan Athuk): Every Sunday evening, 4-5 players, 7pm till 11:30pm.
Pathfinder (Shackled City): Every other Friday, 5 players, 7pm till 11pm.
Call of Cthulhu : Every other Tuesday, 5 players, 8pm till 11pm.

Gentlegamer

Adventurer
I don't think I've actually sat down and played a real role-playing game . . . in about 6 years.

*sad face*

I pretty much consider myself 'retired' from the game-form.

college 1 / week
just married 2 / month
married with 1 child 3/month
married with 2 kids 2/month

now..... 0

As one of the older players even with kids I could work in some game time. But as the players had families the flexibility of the groups time lessened.

Now I don't play except for once in a while with my kids whom are growing up (12 / 16)

I miss gaming deeply....... once the kids leave I will have nothing except here.

Remove ads