• 2 to 3 times per month

Votes: 39 29.5%
  • 1 per month

Votes: 20 15.2%
  • 2 to 3 times per 4 months

Votes: 11 8.3%

Shadeydm

First Post
By schedule once per week in reality this usually works out to 2-3 times a month. Can't complain though things come up when everyone has jobs, families etc.

Boregar

First Post
It's every second Thursday for my group, due to family and work issues. I'd honestly prefer it to be once a week, but that isn't really do-able for some of the other members of the group, so the bi-weekly sessions are a reasonable compromise.

2-3 times a month, sometimes 4 and sometimes less due to cancelled sessions. I'm playing in 2 bi-weekly campaigns right now so 4 times a month when things are on track. :)

Gilladian

Adventurer
I have to count my VTT game - it is almost exactly like playing face to face. That gives me 2 sessions a week, unless we miss one or the other. We actually miss the online game less often than the face-to-face one.

DragonLancer

Adventurer
Currently DMing:

Pathfinder (Rappan Athuk): Every Sunday evening, 4-5 players, 7pm till 11:30pm.
Pathfinder (Shackled City): Every other Friday, 5 players, 7pm till 11pm.
Call of Cthulhu : Every other Tuesday, 5 players, 8pm till 11pm.

I'll point out that my players, some of whom cross over these games, have lives, families, jobs...etc, but they still make the time to turn up and play.

Jimlock

Adventurer
2 -3 times per week

I work, have a family, and many other things like most people do. I just manage my time.

I think it's worth mentioning that people do not necessarily play less than 2 to 3 per week because they have problems with their time management.

OnlineDM

Adventurer
As you might guess from my name, I strongly disagree with the statement that playing online is not "the real thing" in any way. I've been running a weekly game using MapTool and Skype since last July, and there's every bit as much roleplaying as in my face to face games (more, actually). This group has developed great characters with relationships to one another and the world around them - they don't just smash monsters.

If you feel differently, well, that's your right, but I think that if you experienced our game you would change your mind about online play not being "the real thing".

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I play 7 times a month: I play in Sagiro's game twice, I run each of my two campaigns twice, and I play in our MnM game once. All week-day evenings, so maybe 3 hours per slot. It's about the right amount, or a tiny bit too much.

WizarDru

Adventurer
When 3E debuted, we went from a 'Hey, let's try this...' to a weekly game, usually 4-6 hours a session. As time has passed and children have grown, we've scaled back some.

Currently, we do twice a month, sometimes thrice. Usually 4-5 hour sessions. At our height, we had 8 players, currently we have 6.

Remove ads