• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How Often Do You Actually Play?

How Often Do You Actually Play?

• 2 to 3 times per week

Votes: 19 14.4%
  • 1 per week

Votes: 43 32.6%
  • 2 to 3 times per month

Votes: 39 29.5%
  • 1 per month

Votes: 20 15.2%
  • 2 to 3 times per 4 months

Votes: 11 8.3%

sjmiller

Explorer
I run a 3.x D&D game every other Sunday from the end of October through the end May (we just had our last game). Summer is reserved for outdoor and/or family stuff. We are also all performers at the Minnesota Renaissance Festival, so that occupies our weekends in August and September.

I am also a player in an OD&D game that runs every Wednesday evening. It is a very casual game where the same players do not show up every week, but it is a fun, often silly game.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Voted 1/week, but it's really closer to 1.5/week. I run weekly D&D Encounters and I run a ever-other-weekend home WotBS 4e game.

If you would've asked me about a year ago it would be 0/week. Such is life, eh? Thank you D&D Encounters!

What made my home game come together, though, was the willingness to play with new players / friends. Coordinating schedules among my circle of friends was very difficult, and there was no way I could get a game together. But I could get a player from a few different groups of friends, combined with a friend bringing another friend, and a random fellow I met in my first few weeks of D&D Encounters... and viola! I think that it helped that no one knew each other, because they had that in common--they were forced to talk with each other and cooperate and learn together, and over the months of the game have become great friends and a great party.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Reading through the replies, I'm kind of shocked how many people play during weekdays. I don't know how you do it!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Reading through the replies, I'm kind of shocked how many people play during weekdays. I don't know how you do it!

Quickly. :)

The thing is, weekends are where everybody always wants to put *everything*. Birthdays, holiday celebrations, Dating, going out to the movies, or the theater, or... just about anything. On weekends you're in heavy competition, and games tend to lose out as one person or another has a higher priority.

So, often for a given group, you don't have a whole lot of choice - if you want it to run regularly with most of the players, weeknights it is.

EricNoah

Adventurer
It's about the right amount, or a tiny bit too much.

That's what SHE sai.... oh never mind... :)

I play about once a month on a weeknight (about 7-10pm) and about once a month on a weekend (about 11-3pm).

I haven't run a game in over a year and I pretty firmly believe my DMing days are behind me. If either of the games I am in were to end I would miss the people but probably not the activity.

DragonLancer

Adventurer

It's easier to play on a week night because everyone is usually busy at weekends. Though to be fair a week night shouldn't be any harder to do than a weekend evening.

nedjer

Adventurer
daily while the kid was at primary and a couple of just about adult games a week always. Only equivalent to two standard sessions a week, as it was about an hour a night and 'grown-up' sessions only run for about 3 hours - including the snacks.

I say was, as I'm getting bugged to add a youngster to a new 'grown ups' campaign. Just not sure if the adults can cut the mustard.

I clicked 2/3 times a month because it is as near to "we play regularly, irregularly" as I could figure. We try to play once every 1 or 2 weeks, but things happen and we don't, and then sometimes we get 2 days of gaming in back to back.

Remove ads