• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How Old is Your Oldest Die?

How Old is Your Oldest Die?

• 0-3 Years. New.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 4-7 Years. Apprentice.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8-11 Years. Journeyman.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 12-15 Years. Expert.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 16-19 Years. Senior.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20-23 Years. Master.

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • 24-27 Years. Champion.

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • 28-31 Years. Lord.

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • 32- 35 Years. Grand Master.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • 36-39 Years. Grognard.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • 40+ Years. Relic.

Votes: 7 8.9%

Radaceus

Adventurer
I didnt count the Monopoly dice, if they still exist at mom's place. 1950s?

My oldest dice (pale yellow) came in the Basic set 1979, but they are in a dice bag hanging on a wall on the other side of the planet, and I have not rolled them in about 12 years...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
My great old ones are from 1977, so they'll turn 40 next year.* My first set was opaque purple with the waxed in numbers for showing high/low in the d20. I also have some other opaque d20 from other games I bought.

Of course, there's the guy with the ENWorld Dice Q&A thread who has things like Roman dice, so...

* Note: I didn't include the even older 6 siders from traditional family boardgames that I still have.

Jhaelen

First Post
Hmm, I've only been thinking about RPGs - then my oldest dice are from 1984. I think I still have some older dice from Yahtzee...

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I have pieces of a glow-in-the-dark set from the late 80's-early 90's. Pretty sure I have some dice from the old D&D Basic box set, too.

Gilladian

Adventurer
I voted 36-39, but that rests on the chance that I ever FIND the bag of dice that went missing when I moved two years ago. I am hoping it is in the storage room, but have never had opportunity to dig and hunt for it. Sigh. All my lovely Zocchi dice. They'd be just about 37-8 years old now.

Orius

Legend
Oldest would be the dice that came with my copy of the black box in 1993, so 23 years.

Like previous posters, that's not counting older d6s filched from board games.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads