• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How Old Were You When You Played Your First TTRPG?

How old were you when you played your first TTRPG?

• Under the age of 8

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • 9-10 years

Votes: 21 15.0%
  • 11-12 years

Votes: 48 34.3%
  • 13-14 years

Votes: 25 17.9%
  • 15-16 years

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • 17-18 years

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • 19-20 years

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Over the age of 20

Votes: 8 5.7%

Sacrosanct

Legend
I was 7 in 1981. Followed my older brother to his friends house in Ketchikan Alaska and they were playing Moldvay Basic. I played with them, because I was a really early reader and could read the rules and create my own character (even if I mispronounced half the words lol).

AxeMA

Villager
1989 during a Con in Mannheim. I was 19. It was a System called Wizards&Warriors. It was a system of some friends who was never published.

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
13. 56 now.

My dad actually told me about D&D more than a year prior, having read something and thinking it sounded like something I would like. But of course there was no way my father could possibly have a good suggestion, so I ignored him.

Evaniel

Filthy Casual (he/him)
I was 10 when my older cousin lent me the Mentzer red box set. I had played the solo scenario therein, but I don't know that I ran it for others before I had to return it. That said, I immediately started making my own games and running my friends and siblings through them until I could get my filthy mitts on both the Basic and Expert sets, which lasted me a few years until 2e came out.

1979. Our wargaming club allowed TTRPG players in.

It seemed a bizzare game, with no victory conditions or objectives (black box Traveller). But like many of the club I eventually tried it.I can't say that Traveller ever really hooked me, but the game did.

It helped that wargaming was dying out; that was my first and enduring love. Thankfully, computer games revived it later.

Remove ads