D&D (2024) How to answer the WOTC playtest survey....

What kind of feedback do I need to give in the playtest survey to say "I don't like the playtest version of this class/feature/spell and think it is disruptive/poorly written/bad for the game , but I want WOTC designers to work more in this direction than the current version which is objectively just as much of a mess, but probably irredeemable."

It seems regardless of how I feel out the surveys that people are faulting people for answering with their honest opinions on the features as presented.

mamba

Legend
There is no good way to accomplish what you want (i.e. for them to refine the idea), all you can do is rate it as high as possible, fill in the text and hope for the best (or rate it as low as possible and hope it gets thrown out, but that is not your goal)

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Remember that you are but one of tens of thousands of people who will have responded to the survey. Thus your specific desire and request will not occur. So don't think about or worry on how to get WotC to listen to you specifically, that's not going to happen.

Instead, merely think of yourself as just one single link in the massive chain that is attempting to turn the giant machine that is the Wizards of the Coast One D&D playtest. Your link can't do anything on its own... but you are lending your strength to the overall action of the chain. So just write what you feel and it will get added to the aggregate of the voices that might get something changed. It won't be what you specifically want to have happen, but it might be something.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Answer satisfied, and then explain your criticism in the comment for that thing.

Answering anything except satisfied or very satisfied will, if 30% or more people do that, have them not continue in that direction and, at this late point in the playtest, probably just default back to the 2014 version.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
A good way to get their attention would be to fill out all of the numerical questions honestly. Then, in the "anything else you'd like to say" field, copy "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy," once for every layoff Hasbro is planning in the near future.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
A good way to get their attention would be to fill out all of the numerical questions honestly. Then, in the "anything else you'd like to say" field, copy "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy," once for every layoff Hasbro is planning in the near future.
So eleven hundred times.

Horwath

Legend
WotC staffers say they have some poor SOB reading all of the replies, so just make sure to put those thoughts in the blank provided.
Think about the pressure here, knowing that there could be some hidden gem of an idea, drowned in thousands or comment that are just empty praise or dumb criticism. And you have to read all of it with care and understanding.

Most of us cant be bothered to read 2nd or 3rd page of multi page thread here...

Remove ads