• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How traffic lights affect my iPod

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Umbran said:
Yes, but without all the stuff about FCC standards making the iPod vulnerable to it. :)
Not the iPod THE CAR KIT. All unlicensed transmitters made to comply with FCC regs must be certified not to cause interference and to accept any interference from licensed higher powered transmitters. If he looks on the car kit there should be an FCC sticker probably on the bottom or inside the battery compartment stating this explicitly.

Ferret

Explorer
Umbran said:
I find that knowing more increases wonder. For example, I understand quantum mechanics - I can do the maths that determines electron orbitals, and that gets you the basic underpinnings of chemistry.

Knowing how it works on that level makes living things downright miraculous. The sheer number of things that have to happen to make something live, the scale of it is astounding....

It is incredible.

I have no further ideas about the interference though, although my dad does get some when he drive about country lanes, it seems to wax and wane even when the car isn't moving.

Achan hiArusa

Explorer
My ipod has a cracked screen because I stepped on it, it has been washed three times and dried once because I left it in my pocket. And it still works, just can't navigate it without a screen.

And as a microbiologist and astrophysicist, I can say that science has increased my wonder of the universe. I am amazed at the way the biochemical machinery in every living creature works like clockwork to turn raw materials into us. And I have a sense of wonder when I look into the night sky and now that mysteries abound there, including Dark Energy amongst other things and its just out of reach.

Remove ads