• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How Would You Make the Greatest Swordsman Ever?

Gromm

First Post
The Souljourner said:
Both series are awesome. I'm actually thinking of making a character like Syrio Forel (at least like the man we know him to be so far, we may learn more of him later).

I doubt we'll learn more about him since he's dead.
Stick vs Plate armor, Arya saw he was going to die when she ran.

If he comes back I'll be amazed since its not really in keeping with Martin's realistic view of things like that. And hes killed MUCH bigger characters in a heartbeat, none of which are coming back (well ok 1 is... but thats just creepy).

zealot73

First Post
Hmm... I was thinking about that this morning. I was actually trying to come up with a way to recreate Li Mu By from Crouching Tiger. I would say take 5 levels of Fighter so that you can get some feats that will add "Flare" and then switch classes to Monk. Play an Elf (for the +2 Dex) or a Human (for the extra feat). As an Elf you'd have 5 feats by 5th level if you started out as a Fighter. I'd take Improved Initiative, Expertise, Improved Disarm, Power Attack, and Cleave. If I were playing a Human I'd also take Quick Draw. You might also check out the Weapon Master Prestige Class from Sword and Fist. With my idea above I'd get the Ki Focus enchantment on my sword (pg 76 Sword and Fist) so that I could do stunning attacks with the sword too. Max out Tumble and Jump as a Monk (especially nice when you get Leap of the Clouds). Yeah... I think that would do it.

Alariel

First Post
I can vouch for the fighter/monk/weapon master character, as that is what my Alariel is. Elf female 6/6/8 fighter/monk/weapon master. It's best if you use the Oriental Adventures rules changes for monks, so you can replace Stunning Fist, Deflect Arrow and Improved Trip with feats that you'll find more useful (I went Expertise, Dodge, and Combat Reflexes). It's about as close as I can get to duplicating the 2nd edition kensai as I'm able (Alariel was retired in 2nd edition as a 20th level kensai, and is making a comeback with the Epic Level Handbook).

Remove ads