Huge Cover Images from CNET article

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
http://www.news.com/8301-13772_3-9913329-52.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-5

4E-PH.jpg

4E-DMG.jpg

4E-MM.jpg

Zamkaizer

First Post
*Off-color* cover images from C-Net article.

The dragonborn's expression looks alot less doofy, now that I can actually see it.

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
1.) At least the red dragon doesn't have nipple rings;)
2.) I think of them all the Monster Manual cover is the best. A bit more comic bookish styling than I'd prefer but it's pretty much how I always envisioned Orcus (Although FC1 had the best Orcus pic ever IMO). I've always stated the Demon Lords as Gargantuan creatures.
3.) The head still looks a bit off on the dragonborn, thought it may be perspective. And it definitely needs a tail, without the tail reptilian humanoids just don't look right.

Boarstorm

First Post
Interesting. Notice the subheader on the PHB?

"Arcane, Divine and Martial Heroes"

Does this mean that the PHB2 and 3 and 17 will be fully developed player's manuals instead of a few new classes and some optional rules like the 3.5 PHB2? As in, could I say, play a sorcerer from the PHB2 without ever needing to pick up the PHB?

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Fallen Seraph said:
That different people worked on different books?

:p

Aside from that. I mean, didn't all the 3.5 books have the same names on them? I don't have them handy to check... but it seems sort of awkward.

Like - Mearls' name is only on the MM, and not on the PH. That seems a little strange to me, because I guess I've been under the impression that he's put some work into the PH.

Pale Jackal

First Post
With the bigger pictures, I like the PHB and MM a lot more, but the DMG (which I liked a lot) a bit less.

Still think the Dragonborn looks kinda dumb, but the MM cover looks a lot better than I was expecting, wish the skull wasn't green, though. ;)

Fallen Seraph

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
:p

Aside from that. I mean, didn't all the 3.5 books have the same names on them? I don't have them handy to check... but it seems sort of awkward.

Like - Mearls' name is only on the MM, and not on the PH. That seems a little strange to me, because I guess I've been under the impression that he's put some work into the PH.

I imagine they probably list the Key-Designers or Heads of Design for that book, while others be listed inside the book.

Remove ads