D&D 5E Hydellor OOC

tglassy

Adventurer
Question, Shillelagh makes a club or quarterstaff’s Damage a d8. Since the Quarterstaff is a versatile weapon, does that mean it’s a d10 if used two handed? I’d think so...

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

tglassy

Adventurer
Hydellor OOC [Recruitment Closed]

Well, I was thinking of taking the Tome, and if I take the Tome, I get three cantrips, and I was thinking of taking Shillelagh and Green Flame Blade, and if I do that, then I’ll get to add my Charisma, which will be +5 at level 4, to the attack and damage, and then at level 6 as a Celestial Warlock I’ll be able to add my Charisma again to any fire damage, which Green Flame Blade causes, so at level 6 I’d be hitting for 1d10+1d8(Fire)+10(5 of which is Fire). Without Hex. And I’d hit a second person for 2d8 Fire (can only add Charisma to one target of the spell.)

Since I’m not taking any Eldridge Blast Invocations, he’s not a sniper like most Warlocks. Emergency healing is covered with racial and class abilities. Support healing is covered with spell slots. Taking this combo means he at least stays sort of combat useful. But it does mean he’s up close and personal when he attacks. He’ll just have to be smart about it.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hey folks,

FYI, Theremin gets expertise in 2 skills at level 3. I was thinking of persuasion and bluff, to officially make him the party's head face. I just wated to make sure I wasn't stepping on anybody's toes.
CHeers,

SG

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Toes. But realistically, my solution is a minor rebuild, as those toes are already stepped on.

1) Swap feats. Drop Skilled, pickup Prodigy(Xanathar's Guide). I lose Persuasion and Stealth, pickup "Expertise" in Intimidation, Vehicles(water) proficiency, and Primordial. I officially am the "bad cop".
2) Unrelated, but swapping Strength 14 and Con 12 to Strength 12 and Con 14 would aid my survivabilty so much.

Last edited:

Remove ads