D&D 5E Hydellor OOC

tglassy

Adventurer
I'm sorry for not being around much. I actually thought about bowing out as well, but I've thought better of it.

However, I believe Liam needs a makover. Just one more time. In reality, it's going back to what he was before, a Warlock, but using the UA with the Celestial patron. It basically makes him a partial healer, about on par with a Paladin. I don't believe he'll step on the Hexblade's toes, as the Hexblade is melee and he's still going to be distance.

I think this fits his character more, because it is what he is. He is learning magic from his Deva.

As for him being blind, it was an interesting thought, but I might make him only have one eye right now. That gives disadvantage on things that require sight, instead of true blindness.

But, this is dependent on the DM letting me respec him again.

Part of the reason I wanted to make him a Mystic was to play test the Mystic, but I wound up joining another game where the DM has 3 separate parties (now 2) and he let me make four characters to split amongst them, all four are Genasi and all four are Mystics, but they all play completely different. So I've got the Mystic covered. And it never felt right with Liam. I just feel Warlock is a better fit for him.

So if the DM says I can, I'll put in my original warlock stats, with the patron being the new Celestial Patron. At least then we'll have a little healing on our side.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

tglassy

Adventurer
Actually, he'd be better than a Paladin, because the Expanded Spell List gives Cure Wounds, Restoration, Revivify and Greater Restoration. So most of his spells will go to healing. This is going to be an interesting Warlock to play.

tglassy

Adventurer
Here's the write up. Made him a Protector Aasimar, Celestial Warlock.

The one question I have is that Aasimar get the Light Cantrip, and Celestial Warlocks get the Light cantrip. So...could I get Prestidigitation in place of the Celestial Warlock's Light Cantrip? Just seems like a waste...

Race: Protector Aasimar
Class: Celestial Warlock 1
Homeland: Arideen
Background: Hermit
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Sex: Male Age: 30

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 200lb
Size: Medium

Senses: Blind
Speed: 30 ft.

Abilities:
STR 13 +1
DEX 15 +2
CON 14 +2
INT 11 +0
WIS 18 +4 (17 base, +1 Race)
CHA 18 +4 (16 base, +2 race)

Proficiency: +2
Saving Throws: Charisma, Wisdom
Skills: Arcana, Religion, Medicine, Intimidation
Armor: Light Armor
Weapons: Simple Weapons
Tools: Herbalism Kit
Languages: Common, Celestial, Deep Speech

Combat
Initiative: +2
Defense
Armor Class: 14 (Studded Leather: 12+Dex)
Hit Points: 10
Hit Dice: 1d8

Attacks:
Eldritch Blast: +6/1d10
Sacred Flame: DC 14 Dex save/1d8 Radiant damage
Club (Walking Stick): +4/1d6+2
Handaxe: +4/1d6+2 (Thrown)

Features and Traits:

Racial:
Celestial Resistance: Resistant to Radiant and Necrotic damage.
Healing Hands: Once per day, can heal someone you touch up to your level in hit points.
Light Bearer: You know the Light Cantrip

Patron:

Bonus Cantrips
At 1st level, you learn the sacred flame and light cantrips. They count as warlock cantrips for you, but they don’t count against your number of cantrips known.

Healing Light
At 1st level, you gain the ability to channel celestial energy to heal wounds. You have a pool of d6s that you spend to fuel this healing. The number of dice in the pool equals 1 + your warlock level.
As a bonus action, you can touch a creature and heal it, spending dice from the pool. The maximum number of dice you can spend at once equals your Charisma modifier (minimum of one die). Roll the dice you spend, add them together, and restore a number of hit points equal to the total.
Your pool regains all expended dice when you finish a long rest.

Cantrips:
Sacred Flame
Eldridge Blast
Light
Minor Illusion

Spells:
Cure Wounds
Burning Hands

Equipment
Club (obsidian rod with silver runes etched into it, used as a walking stick), Handaxe, Scholar's Pack, A scroll case stuffed full of notes from your studies or prayers, a winter blanket, a set of common clothes, an herbalism kit
Trinket: A silver badge in the shape of a five-pointed star.

Money: 77gp

Personal Characteristics
Description:

Hermit
Feature: Discovery
The quiet seclusion of your extended hermitage gave you access to a unique and powerful discovery. The exact nature of this revelation depends on the nature of your seclusion. It might be a great truth about the cosmos, the deities, the powerful beings of the outer planes, or the forces of nature. It could be a site that no one else has ever seen. You might have uncovered a fact that has long been forgotten, or unearthed some relic of the past that could rewrite history. It might be information that would be damaging to the people who or consigned you to exile, and hence the reason for your return to society.

Trait: I often get lost in my own thoughts and contemplations, becoming oblivious to my surroundings.

Trait: I am working on a grand philosophical theory and love sharing my ideas.

Ideal: Self Knowledge: If you know yourself, there's nothing left to know.

Bond: Should my discovery come to light, it could bring ruin to the world.

Flaw: I like keeping secrets and won't share them with anyone.

Contact: Brother Loren, a priest in the Church of Paladin, and who mentored me in my youth, and oversaw my seclusion at the monastery.

Foe: My brother, Kael, who is a Fallen Aasimar, and with whom I have had a rivalry that has lasted my whole life. This rivalry recently turned deadly.

Friend: Faria, a young woman who lived at the monastery I secluded myself to. We developed a friendship while I was there, until her family called her back from the monastery a while ago. I have not seen her since.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
The new Liam looks fine, and you can have the Prestidigitation cantrip as well. Remember he has the Blessing of Avandra, too. :)

Go ahead and update the RG.

tglassy

Adventurer
I know right? I was going to take it just so he could see you at all. I'm thinking of taking the familiar a level III, and trading that for travel site. I just love the idea of him having a Pseudodragon sitting on his shoulder, and him being able to see through its eyes.

tglassy

Adventurer
As for Liam's blindness, why don't we do this. One eye is blind, and the other is clouded. So, mostly blind. He can detect vague shapes, but nothing specific. This way, he has disadvantage on ranged attacks, but he can cast save spells as normal, as well as anything that requires him to be able to see his target.

When he gets Devils Sight, it is instead Angel's Sight, and his eyes are replaced with angelic eyes, but there's a catch. They are so powerful, his human mind has a hard time dealing with the visual input. Basically, he is overly sensitive to light. So much so that he can barely make out anything when in bright light. Dim light is treated as dim light, and darkness, including magical darkness, is bright light to him. Because of this, he often wears a cloth over his eyes while in bright light. If he could find some shades, he could just wear those in bright light.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
As for Liam's blindness, why don't we do this. One eye is blind, and the other is clouded. So, mostly blind. He can detect vague shapes, but nothing specific. This way, he has disadvantage on ranged attacks, but he can cast save spells as normal, as well as anything that requires him to be able to see his target.

When he gets Devils Sight, it is instead Angel's Sight, and his eyes are replaced with angelic eyes, but there's a catch. They are so powerful, his human mind has a hard time dealing with the visual input. Basically, he is overly sensitive to light. So much so that he can barely make out anything when in bright light. Dim light is treated as dim light, and darkness, including magical darkness, is bright light to him. Because of this, he often wears a cloth over his eyes while in bright light. If he could find some shades, he could just wear those in bright light.

I think we can work with that, sure.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Just picked up Xanathar's on D&D Beyond. No significant changes to Hexblade at our level. Celestial Warlock loses Burning Hands and picks up Guiding Bolt. Also your healing goes from touch to 30 ft range

Remove ads