D&D 5E Hydellor OOC

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Toes. But realistically, my solution is a minor rebuild, as those toes are already stepped on.

1) Swap feats. Drop Skilled, pickup Prodigy(Xanathar's Guide). I lose Persuasion and Stealth, pickup "Expertise" in Intimidation, a tool proficiency, and Primordial. I officially am the "bad cop".
2) Unrelated, but swapping Strength 14 and Con 12 to Strength 12 and Con 14 would aid my survivabilty so much.

Oh, I like this. first we try to entice them with sugar, and if that doesn't work, it's the threat of a baseball bat, before the actual baseball bat!
BTW, thanks for the feedback!

On an another note, he gets a bonus 3 skills at level 3 (first time playing a bard, these guys are real skillmonkeys!), and will likely pick up survival, investigation and acrobatics (I'll leave intimidation to you [MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION])
Cheers,

SG

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Toes. But realistically, my solution is a minor rebuild, as those toes are already stepped on.

1) Swap feats. Drop Skilled, pickup Prodigy(Xanathar's Guide). I lose Persuasion and Stealth, pickup "Expertise" in Intimidation, Vehicles(water) proficiency, and Primordial. I officially am the "bad cop".
2) Unrelated, but swapping Strength 14 and Con 12 to Strength 12 and Con 14 would aid my survivabilty so much.

I would allow this, sure. With two warlocks and a bard, you pretty much have a party of faces LOL

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hey [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION],

I have a question for you. How many days would it take an animal messenger (as per the 2nd level spell) to reach Theremin's grandmother? The spell is somewhat suboptimal, but I like the idea of Theremin communicating with her, namely to see if it would be in the family's interest to align itself with Irene and her grandfather, with the goal of overthowing the current government and reinstating the nobility. I would think nobles are always trying to increase their lands and wealth, no?
;-)

Cheers,

SG

tglassy

Adventurer
Since I’m taking Book of Shadows, any chance at being able to find some ritual spell scrolls? That is kind of the draw to that particular invocation, after all. I don’t mind paying for them or having to find them, I just want to make sure that they’ll actually be there.

I’be leveled up the character in the RG, but I won’t put in the new features until I’ve been given the go ahead. I’ve traded Eldridge Sight for the Book of Shadows, and taken Detect Magic as one of my first two rituals, so he basically still has Eldridge Sight, he just has to prepare it first, instead of having it always on. I’ve also taken Find Familiar, and I was wonder/hoping that you would let me have a Tressym. It’s a winged cat in Storm King’s Thunder and is offered as a choice there for the Find Familiar spell. It has immunity to poison, can fly, has darkvision, and can detect things that are invisible within 60 feet. Oh, and it can tell if something has been poisoned. I mostly use familiars as scouts and to give someone free advantage each round.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Hey [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION],

I have a question for you. How many days would it take an animal messenger (as per the 2nd level spell) to reach Theremin's grandmother? The spell is somewhat suboptimal, but I like the idea of Theremin communicating with her, namely to see if it would be in the family's interest to align itself with Irene and her grandfather, with the goal of overthowing the current government and reinstating the nobility. I would think nobles are always trying to increase their lands and wealth, no?
;-)

Cheers,

SG

Looking at my maps and the spell and doing the math, it would take the flying messenger about 26 days to reach Kelterim. That seems out of range of even a ninth level casting of the spell, unfortunately.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Since I’m taking Book of Shadows, any chance at being able to find some ritual spell scrolls? That is kind of the draw to that particular invocation, after all. I don’t mind paying for them or having to find them, I just want to make sure that they’ll actually be there.

I’be leveled up the character in the RG, but I won’t put in the new features until I’ve been given the go ahead. I’ve traded Eldridge Sight for the Book of Shadows, and taken Detect Magic as one of my first two rituals, so he basically still has Eldridge Sight, he just has to prepare it first, instead of having it always on. I’ve also taken Find Familiar, and I was wonder/hoping that you would let me have a Tressym. It’s a winged cat in Storm King’s Thunder and is offered as a choice there for the Find Familiar spell. It has immunity to poison, can fly, has darkvision, and can detect things that are invisible within 60 feet. Oh, and it can tell if something has been poisoned. I mostly use familiars as scouts and to give someone free advantage each round.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

I will try to throw some ritual scrolls in then, sure.

I don't have a problem with the Tressym.

Lord Twig

Adventurer
I was planning on having Mindra take the Scout subclass from Xanathar's Guide. It says she gets gets proficiency in Nature and Survival, but she already has Survival. I was wonder if it would be okay to just pick a different skill. I was thinking of Investigation.

Remove ads