D&D 5E Hydellor OOC

Lord Twig

Adventurer
Well there you go. Wow. That will work.

Edit: I'm totally willing to roll again if the stats are too high. Heck, if they were too low I would have been taking the standard array.

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I'm certainly interested in this. I'm probably going to go with a martial character. I'm thinking either one of the nomadic barbarians, or a pirate from Freeport. I'd like a little bit more information about the barbarians and Freeport if you've got it, so I can make a decision, though I might still end up going with something different entirely.
The barbarians of the Nyos steppe are very varied. This is an area that is very open to player development. Many of the barbarian tribes on the areas closest to Arideen are Old Ones, the original human inhabitants of the Arideen Empire before the Prophet led his people here from the east and established the empire. They were pushed out and moved onto the plains. Most of these are fairly settled or only semi-nomadic and often interact with the more recent settlers under the protection of Arideen.

The other lage nomadic group in the western Nyos are the stout halflings. These are your typical war painted, loincloth-wearing, ferocious warriors. They ride raptors and herd large herbivorous reptiles. Some say they practice cannibalism, eating their enemies for their power and strength. They war amongst their own tribes almost as much as they raid the settlements of Old Ones and settlers.

Farther out into Nyos you have various Chadan human tribes, and in the east, Zhytian humans. These can be developed as needed.

Freeport is a large, sprawling port city built on a series of islands just off the coast of the Ingha Swamp. Some of it sprawls onto the coast and into the swamp, as well. It's a fairl uh lawless town, where justice typically goes to the one with the most coin. A wide mix of humans of various ethnicities and other races dwell here, many that don't fit well in normal society, like half-orcs or monstrous races. A semblance of order is kept by the Captains. These are merchant-pirates who have accumulated enough money, power, and influence to set themselves up as kingpins. Each captain has a territory in the city which he or she is responsible for maintaining, but also reaping the benefits of "owning", getting a portion of all crime and trade occurring in his territory. Territory squabbling occurs between tje captains, but outright gang war is forbidden without approval from the Captain's Moot, a council of all the captains.

An Imperial enclave exists on the north side of the city. It is the most lawful place in Freeport. It is the home port of the small Imperial Navy. It's governor has a vote in the Captain's Moot, but little influence outside the enclave.

Freeport is fairly open for development as well.

Sent from my SM-G900P using EN World mobile app

NeoNinevite

First Post
Thanks for the information, I always like to build characters tied specifically into the setting. I quite like the Stout Halflings, and would definitely like to involve their cannibalism somehow. Either by creating a mercenary who plays up his barbarian heritage to get more jobs, or by creating a Druid who eats bears and other beasts for their strength in the same way his clansmen would eat humanoids. I might end up going for a different character depending on group composition though, and if I do, Freeport is likely to be the source of any inspiration.

Trogdor1992

First Post
New Artificier allowed or no? I'm assuming no, but I'm the hopeful type. I'm thinking if not I'll go with a LE Paladin of Vecna if that would be cool. As for the race I'll be looking over Volos again to see if any of the new stuff interests me.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases