• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hydralisk as animal - first monster, comments welcome

SpookyDonkey

First Post
I think that spiders - like, the real-world life-sized living ones - are adorable.

And I would have made the hydralisk an abberation, but Beast was better for it from a HD perspective, and I made it a Magical Beast for 3.5 compatibility (which also bumped up its BAB, I think, which fit fine).

Thalias

First Post
I always post Demiurge I don't know what your talking about. I must say SD you did a good a job. Though I agree with Arc the zerg did regen slowly, I would suggest FH 2 or 3, and I always thought of the hydralisks attack as more of a glob of acid instead of a throwing spear. But thats just me, you did a good job. I should post my Blue Mage prestige class one of these days.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Ah, good! More of my minions, I mean players, on the boards! So what, pray tell, have you posted on? None of my work, for instance.

Demiurge out.

SpookyDonkey

First Post
I've touched it up a bit; specifically, added the x3 crit mod, bumped the CR up by one, and gave it Scent.

Also, the official weapon is "Bone Spears"; although the in-game animation was indeed green acid, that seems to be pneumatic fluid.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Well, Thal, you obviously don't. Look for kaiju. And the use of "Snarf", I'm guessing, was R. Raets's indication that he would grab the Blue Mage up in a violent fashion as soon as you post it. But I'm just guessing.

Demiurge out.

SpookyDonkey

First Post
thundersnarf.jpg

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads