Hypothetical Spiderman 3 villain

Impeesa said:
Venom's a fan favorite, but he requires quite a bit of setup (symbiote, Eddie Brock's rivalry, etc), and I can't see them putting that off much longer.
Probably not meant to be anything more than an Easter egg, but Eddie Brock is mentioned in the first movie, in J.J.'s office right before Peter is hired. I believe his incompetence is under discussion. I'll have to watch the DVD again, though...

Probably not meant to be anything more than an Easter egg, but Eddie Brock is mentioned in the first movie, in J.J.'s office right before Peter is hired. I believe his incompetence is under discussion. I'll have to watch the DVD again, though...

Yes indeed, he is mentioned briefly in the first movie while Peter is in J.J.'s office.

-Ashrum

LiVeWiRe

ENergetic Comm. Supporter
Joshua Dyal said:

Totally missed that reference...thanks!

I agree (with Umbran?) that the movie needs to focus on one villain although I'd personally like to see 'cameos' from some of Spidey's old foes. I'd really like to see The Absorbing Man and Vulture but they probably couldn't carry a film.

I do like how they have hinted at future possibilities-i.e. The Lizard and (now) Venom.

-LW

Green Knight

First Post
The actor that they got to play Dr. Curt Connors is pretty good, so that may be a sign of things to come.

Anyway, if we ARE talking about six movies, I'd personally like to see this.

Spider-Man 3: Harry becomes the Green Goblin, and he and Spider-Man go at it. A little bit more with John Jameson in NASA. Set up Brock's dislike for Spider-Man.

Spider-Man 4: John Jameson brings back the symbiote from space, and Spider-Man gets it. Spider-Man then asks Dr. Curt Connors to help him with it. But unfortunately, Connors then becomes the Lizard and Spider-Man has to hunt him down, during the course of which he inadvertantly ruins Eddie Brock (Or purposefully. The symbiote IS exerting some control, after all). Spider-Man saves Dr. Connors, who then tells him about the symbiote. Spider-Man gets rid of it and Brock gets it.

Spider-Man 5: Spider-Man versus Venom. Spider-Man can't do it alone, though, so bring in another super-hero. Or at the very least have him beaten through some elaborate trap with the help of Dr. Curt Connors or someone else. At the end of which, they end up stranding Venom on an island, somewhere.

Spider-Man 6: Kraven the Hunter. When the series ends, this is who it should end with. Not Venom, not Carnage, but Kraven. They ought to do the story similar to the way it was done in the comics. Kraven defeats Spider-Man and buries him alive. Taking his costume, he then goes to where they left Venom in the previous movie and fights him, defeating him, which Spider-Man couldn't do, alone. Spider-Man eventually digs himself out of his grave and finds Kraven, but Kraven won't fight. Instead, he cuts Venom loose on the streets. Spider-Man has to chase him down to stop him, and Kraven, knowing that he's beaten Spider-Man, kills himself.

Merlion

First Post
In terms of likelehood, I tend to think either Venom, the Lizard or Kraven for number 3. 3 would be too soon to redo the green goblin most likely. 3 would also, in my opnion be too soon to try and do anything like a proper venom story so I'd prefer:

3: Kraven or the Lizard

4: Venom

However, it wouldnt surprise me in the least if they did Venom in 3

WizarDru

Adventurer
The Grumpy Celt said:
I have it on good authority the villans - and there will be two - in SpiderMan 3 will be Pirate Cat and WizardDru.

Better get some autographs now.
Do I get to be the sidekick of Evil, or am I the BBEG? I suppose PC wins out, cuz he can use a banhammer. :D

Bill Scott

First Post
Tangent Loki said:
What about Morpheus? I always though as a villian he had so much more character. In my opinion he could be one of the following movie villains because he has the power to be a full-blown leading character he can easily hold attention for an entire movie, and they don't necessarily need to kill him at the ned, Plus besides that he could allow an introduction of Felicia into the story.

Morpheus??? I think you're getting your comic villains mixed up. Morpheus is a foe of Moon Knight, who I would love to see in a movie BTW, while the scientific vampire Morbius is a Spidey villain. Morbius would be a great movie on its own if it's done right. BTW, contrary to the Spidey cartoon, Morbius has absolutely nothing to do with Felicia.

Remove ads