I also have the books [merged] (info on upcomming Power sources and more)

Rechan

Adventurer
Naathez said:
Thanks, Rechan!

guess I'll have to talk to my DM and stat up some gauntlets. (I have a character I wanted to remake, a disgraced knight who refused to use knightly weapons out of his shame and only fought with his spiked gauntlets, and the fact a weapon isn't included in a list doesn't seem to me like good reason not to play Scar again.)

If I understand it well, though, the way weapons work now, I can just take any other appropriate one-handed martial weapon (is that still the nomenclature?) which my DM thinks may mechanically fit and use its stats, just describing it as gauntlets. Maybe change its special ability with not being disarmable.
One handed weapons, yeah.

You know, what you COULD do is use a Katar.

Superior weapon (Exotic), +3 Accuracy, 1d6 damage. That should function as the equivalent of of a bladed gauntlet.

Otherwise I'd just use a mace or hammer or something.

Naathez

Explorer
This is why I love this place. We've seen discussions, fighting, and bickering over nothings for months, but the moment one throws an idea on the table, he's sure to find help and cooperation.

This is what makes ENworld so great. Thank you all.

more on topic, I also like the idea of the gauntlets being superior "exotic" - as in, I think using a superior weapon as a template might reflect the fact Scar's been fighting with these so compulsively, and had to stay alive just by using them, that he's honed their use to a very efficacious level. And the feat expenditure reflects that training.

Dyrvom

First Post
Can I get a clarification as to the Half-Elf racial power (ie. is it simply "another class's at-will as an encounter" like we thought)?

pukunui

Legend
Wow! I start a new job (which means hardly any time to check the boards anymore) and people have already got the books, more than a week early!

My one question at this time is:

What can you do with Athletics and Acrobatics? Does either skill allow you to do any sort of tumbling maneuver, or is that solely a 1/encounter rogue power now?

That One Guy

First Post
Family said:
Oh, you're THAT guy :D Hi That Guy, gonna build a Tarresque killer?

Just Kidding, as if I'm one to talk; actually I'm also curious. :D
I thought I was that one guy... funny. But I'm not a Tarresque killer (actually... in an epic game I did do it. But it wasn't like I wanted to fight a friggin' Tarresque).

Fallen Seraph, did you also get your books from a site that rhymes w/ die.com?

To be honest, I sort of wish the books hadn't shipped (or as some claim leaked to the interwebs) early. It was sort of like waiting of Christmas, or any other generic day of awesome things and that anticipation is broken.

And Wormwood, I miss Emerald City Too.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
That One Guy said:
To be honest, I sort of wish the books hadn't shipped (or as some claim leaked to the interwebs) early. It was sort of like waiting of Christmas, or any other generic day of awesome things and that anticipation is broken.
Rather like waiting for Christmas, then seeing that the OTHER kids got their presents early. AND you know where your parents have stocked your presents.

Cheers, LT.

Tuft

First Post
pukunui said:
What can you do with Athletics and Acrobatics? Does either skill allow you to do any sort of tumbling maneuver, or is that solely a 1/encounter rogue power now?

Acrobatics has a specific "Stunt" option that are not present in the other skills. That allows you to do something "tumble-ish" (think the example was something like "vaulting over an opponent") IF you manage to sweettalk you DM into it (read: I think the difficulty was set by the DM on a case-by-case basis, no fixed rule.)

Last edited:

Remove ads