I also have the books [merged] (info on upcomming Power sources and more)

Reused art in the MM

I'm a bit let down that there's reused art in the MM. You'd think that in a production of this magnitude, Wizards could afford ten more illustrations or so......

Rechan

Adventurer
MindWanderer said:
Can you explain a little more about:
Some of those are pretty much what you get. Like Tactical assault, you really just add your int to the damage to an ally's attack when they use an Action Point.

But I'll specify with a few.

Quickdraw lets you draw an item or a weapon in the same motion that you would use that item. So let's say you've got a dagger in your belt, but you're unarmed. You can draw it and attack with a single standard action. You also get a +2 to Initiative.

Mounted Combat grants certain traits that mounts grant their riders. For instance, the Dire Wolf has an ability that grants its rider combat advantage if another ally (other than the mount) is adjacent to the foe.

A warhorse horse gives you a +5 damage on charge attacks.

Rechan

Adventurer
Matrix Sorcica said:
I'm a bit let down that there's reused art in the MM. You'd think that in a production of this magnitude, Wizards could afford ten more illustrations or so......
I'd say there's maybe 5 pictures that have been reused, at least of what I've seen.

RigaMortus2

First Post
Can anyone give us the run down on alignments? Is CG just rolled into Good now? Any penalty/bonus for changing alignment mid-campaign?

Any class restrictions? Alignment based? Race based? Minimum ability score?

If I wanted to make an archer type character, could the Fighter fill this role, or am I stuck with Ranger? ie, can you make a feasible archery based Fighter?

Destil

Explorer
The first power to really make me say 'Awesome'

The new spiritual weapon rocks. Level 5 daily, d10+wis damage with sustain minor (Wis attack vs. AC each round) and you can move it 10 squares as a move...

But the real benefit: Remember how spiritual weapon didn't grant flanking bonuses? Hell with that, now it grants combat advantage for all allies attacking the target.

Rechan

Adventurer
MindWanderer said:
To follow up on this:

1) Can you give us an example of what Dex does for a wizard
The only real EXAMPLE that I can find is that with Wand accuracy, it gives you a dex bonus to attack.

I mentioned earlier that Charisma is just a slight rider on some effects for a Cleric.

2) For a paladin, Str is primary and Cha secondary? ?
No no no.

There are two builds. A STR based Pally, or a CHA based Pally. THe former is very offensive, the latter is offensive/defensive mixed. Wisdom is the secondary stat that really helps a paladin of either build; a low Wis Strenght paladin is going to be hurtin' with his abilities, because Wisdom effects a lot of his powers' secondary effects. Lay on Hands is keyed off your wisdom, for instance.

I'll give you an example. Righteous smite. It's Charisma vs. AC, 2(W)+Charisma, and you and any ally within 5 squares of you gain temp hp of 5 + Your Wisdom.

Last edited:

Rechan

Adventurer
RigaMortus2 said:
f I wanted to make an archer type character, could the Fighter fill this role, or am I stuck with Ranger? ie, can you make a feasible archery based Fighter?
Looking through the first five levels of Fighter, I don't see any real powers that you can use with ranged weapons.

MindWanderer

First Post
Rechan said:
Some of those are pretty much what you get. Like Tactical assault, you really just add your int to the damage to an ally's attack when they use an Action Point.
The words "Action Point" being missing from the short description were pretty key.
Rechan said:
For instance, the Dire Wolf has an ability that grants its rider combat advantage if another ally (other than the mount) is adjacent to the foe.
So we'll have rogues riding dire wolves. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.
Rechan said:
There are two builds. A STR based Pally, or a CHA based Pally. THe former is very offensive, the latter is offensive/defensive mixed. Wisdom is the secondary stat that really helps a paladin of either build; a low Wis Strenght paladin is going to be hurtin' with his abilities, because Wisdom effects a lot of his powers' secondary effects. Lay on Hands is keyed off your wisdom, for instance.
Ah, so it's more like the ranger and warlock: pick one of two primary stats, or maybe but not necessarily both. Thanks a lot.

Rechan

Adventurer
MindWanderer said:
So we'll have rogues riding dire wolves. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.
You and an adjacent ally gaining combat advantage is one of the abilities that wolves (and hyenas, and a select few monsters) have. A dire wolf giving that same ability to its rider would suggest that the rider is operating on the same "Harrying Pack" tactic.

Besides, I don't know if a rogue would be able to do all his shifty tricks if he's mounted on a dire wolf. He's also got to be able to lug the beast around, tend to it, spend the feat, the dire wolf will likely die against more fierce foes (It's just a level 5 skirmisher), etc.

Rechan

Adventurer
MindWanderer said:
Ah, so it's more like the ranger and warlock: pick one of two primary stats, or maybe but not necessarily both. Thanks a lot.
Warlord is the same. You have Int-based powers and Cha-based powers.
Cleric is also the same. Str or Wisdom based.
Rogue is Str or Cha (with dex tossed in there too).

Remove ads