• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I also have the books [merged] (info on upcomming Power sources and more)

Rechan

Adventurer
I will say that I did have to hunt for mechanical stuff like defenses. There's a comment in Ability Scores that says 'refer to this page for defenses', but still.
Paladins are defenders and DON'T need constitution?
A nice con is useful, but doesn't relate to your powers.

vagabonvoid

First Post
What weapons can weapon proficiency apply to (groups or individual weapons)? Also, can improvised weapons (unarmed in particular ) be chosen?

Also, grappling... Is it just grab in this edition?

vagabonvoid

First Post
Fallen Seraph said:
I
The Key Abilities are:

Cleric: Wisdom, Strength, Charisma
Fighter: Strength, Dexterity, Wisdom, Constitution (all fighters need strength, but the others can depend on weapons)
Paladin: Strength, Charisma, Wisdom
Ranger: Strength, Dexterity, Wisdom
Rogue: Dexterity, Strength, Charisma
Warlock: Charisma, Constitution, Intelligence
Warlord: Strength, Intelligence, Charisma
Wizard: Intelligence, Wisdom, Dexterity

OMG!!! Fighters are MAD now!!! :)

Lurker37

Explorer
Rechan said:
Be aware that the stats that Fallen Seraph mentions.

Primary Stat 1, Primary Stat 2, Secondary Stat that Would be Very Good to Have.

For example, a Paladin needs a good wisdom. A lot of his tricks depend on something there (like lay on hands depends on wisdom score).

From the preview, the rogue build options seem to determine which stat is Primary 2, and which is the secondary. Is this accurate? Does it hold true for all classes? Does the primary stat vary with build choice for any class?

Dyrvom

First Post
Rechan said:
I will say that I did have to hunt for mechanical stuff like defenses. There's a comment in Ability Scores that says 'refer to this page for defenses', but still.

A nice con is useful, but doesn't relate to your powers.
Warlocks have con-based powers?

Remove ads