• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I also have the books [merged] (info on upcomming Power sources and more)

Vempyre

Explorer
Fallen Seraph said:
As someone else who has got the books (thus why not here all day, already been making up characters (best way for me to learn, already made up a couple)) I too shall be happy to ask questions...

Though, since been away all day, what kind of limitations have been said on giving out info?

No posting whole powers or whole paragraphs textually, for example. Small snippets and talking about them and what they mean to the game is sure fine. I am sure listing them without too much details is reasonable too (personal opinion).

(recap from what I have seen the mods post)

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Cool, thanks. Well then who wants some questions answered in summarized form :p

I am still working my way through the book (it has been unfortunately a hectic day) so I apologize ahead of time for delays.

Scipio202

Explorer
Fallen Seraph said:

I am still working my way through the book (it has been unfortunately a hectic day) so I apologize ahead of time for delays.
I mentioned this before, but I think it got lost. What can you tell us about polymorph? Someone said it is a ritual. Is there a list of specific monsters you can 'morph into, or anything in the MM? Do you get all their stats/powers/abilities, or just some of them?

Thanks.

Classic Villany

First Post
Fallen Seraph said:

Check my post on the last page for my request.

I'd post the exact request, but I'm rather loathe to do so after posting it so recently.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Well it seems like from what I have seen Polymorph is more a Keyword for a variety of things, soo... Turning into a shadow for example or growing leathery wings (so far for powers in PHB only seen them as Warlock).

Just to start off though, in the MM, in the Glossary (which I adore). They have Polymorph keyword, with Change Shape essentially, things like type and size is dependent on the creature's entry (monster power).

You can basically turn into whatever thing the power tells you too (in most it is your basic medium humanoid). If it is a specific person you have to roll Insight vs. Bluff (+20) if your trying to not be found out by someone that knows that person.

So yeah it seems to be very specific to the power and it is more simply a keyword, and change shape seems to be the most common (in the MM).

I haven't read much of the DMG yet, so dunno there.

Rechan

Adventurer
Demons:
Balor (27 Elite Brute) Barlgura (8 Brute) Evistro (6 Brute) Glabrezu (23 Elite Brute) Goristro (19 Elite Brute) Immolith (15 Controller) Hezrou (22 Brute) Marilith (24 Elite Skirmisher) Mezzodemon (11 Soldier) Vrock (13 Skirmisher)

Devourer:
Spirit Devourer (11 Elite Soldier) Soul Spike Devourer (20 Elite Soldier (Leader)) Viscera Devourere (12 Controller)

Elemental:
Rockfire Dreadnought (18 Soldier) Firelasher (11 Skirmisher) Earthwind Ravager (23 Controller) Thunderblast Cyclone (26 Elite Artillery)

Kuo-toa
KT Guard (16 Minion) KT Harpooner (14 Soldier) KT Maurader (12 Skirmisher) KT Monitor (16 Skirmisher) KT Whip (16 Controller (Leader))

Minotaur
M Warrior (10 Soldier) M Cabalist (13 Controller (Leader)) Savage M (16 Brute)

Ogre
O Thug (11 Minion) O Bludgeneer (16 Minion) O Savage (8 Brute) O Warhulk (11 Elite Brute) Ogre Skirmisher (8 Skirmisher)

Troglodyte Mauler (6 Brute) T Curse Chanter (8 Controller (Leader)) T Warrior (12 Minion) T Impaler (7 Artillery)

Troll
Troll (9 Brute) War T (14 Soldier) Fell Troll (20 Elite Brute).

I'll do YT and Giants later, because there's a lot of them.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Say Rechan in general as someone else with them, what you think so far?

I am quite liking what I have read so far, though haven't delved into much of the DMG yet.

WyzardWhately

First Post
I know this is an odd thing to be interested in, but what kind of world-building stuff is stated or implied? Game-world economics? DMG stuff on the political and social structures of the world? How hard they are to mess with using skill challenges, etc.? Anything someone with the book cares to toss up will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, guys.

Also: Are there still trained-only uses for skills? And is weird stuff like making a Heal check to burn your life energy in an attempt to counteract a necromantic ritual part of the canon? (See the optional web-supplement for KotS. Seriously.) If you've had time to at least skim the skill challenges, what's the most awesome thing you can do using only skills, anywhere from heroic to epic? Talk your way into owning a kingdom? Seduce a goddess? Break down mountains with a sledgehammer and elbowgrease?

Furthermore: How about these astraljammers? They in there? Any rules attached?

Classic Villany

First Post
Rechan said:
Demons:
Balor (27 Elite Brute) Barlgura (8 Brute) Evistro (6 Brute) Glabrezu (23 Elite Brute) Goristro (19 Elite Brute) Immolith (15 Controller) Hezrou (22 Brute) Marilith (24 Elite Skirmisher) Mezzodemon (11 Soldier) Vrock (13 Skirmisher)

Devourer:
Spirit Devourer (11 Elite Soldier) Soul Spike Devourer (20 Elite Soldier (Leader)) Viscera Devourere (12 Controller)

Elemental:
Rockfire Dreadnought (18 Soldier) Firelasher (11 Skirmisher) Earthwind Ravager (23 Controller) Thunderblast Cyclone (26 Elite Artillery)

Kuo-toa
KT Guard (16 Minion) KT Harpooner (14 Soldier) KT Maurader (12 Skirmisher) KT Monitor (16 Skirmisher) KT Whip (16 Controller (Leader))

Minotaur
M Warrior (10 Soldier) M Cabalist (13 Controller (Leader)) Savage M (16 Brute)

Ogre
O Thug (11 Minion) O Bludgeneer (16 Minion) O Savage (8 Brute) O Warhulk (11 Elite Brute) Ogre Skirmisher (8 Skirmisher)

Troglodyte Mauler (6 Brute) T Curse Chanter (8 Controller (Leader)) T Warrior (12 Minion) T Impaler (7 Artillery)

Troll
Troll (9 Brute) War T (14 Soldier) Fell Troll (20 Elite Brute).

I'll do YT and Giants later, because there's a lot of them.

Wow, thanks a lot Rechan! Pitty this site doesn't have Rep.

The only bad thing about this is that it makes me want the books yesterday. :(

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads