• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I also have the books [merged] (info on upcomming Power sources and more)

Zelgadas

First Post
Rechan said:
Also has an ability that she makes six attacks, each time one hits, she shifts 1 square (I think there's a typo. This power just reads 'Standard; Recharge when first bloodied'; I can't tell if that means it's an encounter power or what.)

It looks like it's a recharge power, except instead of recharging when a die comes up the right face (as in, Recharge 5, 6), it recharges when she's first bloodied. So she uses it once, gets bloodied, then uses it again; it's basically twice per encounter.

Lab_Monkey

First Post
Stomphoof said:
Can I get some information about Epic Destinies? Like how many, what they are called, and a brief description of each one based on the flavor of its powers?

I am really interested in this.
Search through the thread. This has definitely been covered.

Here's a quick summary:
Only 4 Epic Destinies in the PHB: Archmage, Deadly Trickster, Demigod, and Eternal Seeker (I think). Archmage is basically wizard only. Deadly Trickster requires you to have training in one of several roguish skills.

Rechan

Adventurer
Stomphoof said:
Can I get some information about Epic Destinies? Like how many, what they are called, and a brief description of each one based on the flavor of its powers?
That's been mentioned earlier. But okay.

Archmage - You become a badass wizard. They all ready posted that on the Epic Destiny preview.

Deadly Trickster: You're f-ing Loki. At 26th level, you get an ability that, as a daily minor action, you are restored to max HP, all your powers are recharged (encounter and daily), and all status effects are gone. At 30th level, once per day, you can tell the DM that a d20 roll he just made is a 1. No rerolls are possible.

Demi-God: You become a, well, demi-god. At level 26 you get an ability that gives you regeneration for an encounter equal to your highest ability score.

Eternity Seeker: You have too many destinies to be summed up, so you just sorta wander. At 26th level, you get the 22nd level utility power from any other class, and at 30th level, you get the 24th level epci destiny power from any other desitny.

Stomphoof

First Post
Lab_Monkey said:
Search through the thread. This has definitely been covered.

Here's a quick summary:
Only 4 Epic Destinies in the PHB: Archmage, Deadly Trickster, Demigod, and Eternal Seeker (I think). Archmage is basically wizard only. Deadly Trickster requires you to have training in one of several roguish skills.

I read through the entire thing. And thats about all the info I could find.

What about the Demigod or Eternal Seeker? What do they do?

EDIT - Thanks Rechan.

Wow thats not much for choice is it :(

Chibbot

First Post
About monster powers recharging on rolls:

How does that work, exactly? I think it has been previewed, but I can't remember where.

From what I've seen, it would appear that recharges are basically 6, 5-6, 4-6, etc. I vaguely remember talk about a power having a recharge of like 4,6 though, so that it doesn't recharge on a 5.

I think the idea behind this was roll once for a monster for all recharges, and it keeps them from being an all-or-nothing recharge (if you roll a 5, the 1,3 power doesn't recharge, but the 5,6 and 3,5 do), or something like that.

Is the 6, 5-6, 4-6 recharge how its done, or is the system such that one power has 6, one power has 5, one power has 3,4, one power... etc.

(sorry the question is a little convoluted...)

fil kearney

First Post
I am also VERY interested in skill challenges.. we've seen 4/2, 6/3, and 8/4... how high does the success vs fail rolls go?
what makes an easy vs moderate vs hard?
what kind of DC's do we need for the various difficulties at various levels?

Thank you VERY much for this... I want to run some skill challenges for fun this week!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads