I didn't like Bluffside. But I didn't read it, either!

DungeonKeeperUK

First Post
The only thing that I could point at with the format inside is the 3 columns of text rather than the, what seems to be, usual 2.. mind you this doesn't bother me but I could see how other people might see it as "tight" on the page...
But I'd rather have more deatail for my (insert common currency here) rather than a larger point or 2 on the font....

Going back top the map also, after checking at my local gamestore at lunchtime and finding they now have Freeport in, the Freeport City Map is about the size of one of the Bluffside "cities" of whcih there are 5 (not including teh Undercity) theres no way Bluffside could have achieved the amount of detail Freeport did without a map the size of a small elephant... hmm but that would be nice.. ;)

d20Dwarf

Explorer
I recently started reading Bluffside and at first I wondered if the 3 column layout would give me problems. It did not! It was quite easy to read (once you become familiar with the coding system :D) and I'm finding the content detailed and interesting. Bluffside is one of my favorite d20 sourcebooks to date.

MEG Hal

First Post
d20Dwarf said:
I recently started reading Bluffside and at first I wondered if the 3 column layout would give me problems. It did not! It was quite easy to read (once you become familiar with the coding system :D) and I'm finding the content detailed and interesting. Bluffside is one of my favorite d20 sourcebooks to date.

Hugs Wil:p
FFG is one of my fav's also.......

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
So Hal...where I am? :) I don't think I'm in Bluffside...but that's okay. I'm still getting it! (would have had it sooner but those Federal judges are TOUGH SOBs, even on slightly demented gamers! ;) :D )

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Nightfall said:
So Hal...where I am? :) I don't think I'm in Bluffside...but that's okay. I'm still getting it! (would have had it sooner but those Federal judges are TOUGH SOBs, even on slightly demented gamers! ;) :D )

If it helps I wrote you into my copy. you are commanly seen in the New City near the Bay Divers, Undercity and Sordadon. :)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Nah that's okay Hand. Hal already HAS me. I think I just didn't make the cut this time around. Web Enhancement for sure. :) Besides I don't think people would expect what I tried to write myself as. ;)

MEG Hal

First Post
We will get you in somewhere Nightfall, and maybe if you are nice I will post your stats here...maybe :p

Say hi to the judges for me.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Re: Reasoning of Bluffside

THG Hal said:
Hi all here are my comments:
Map:----we did the non detailed map pullout on purpose, so players would not know what or where to go and "find" some of the gems in Bluffside, not call out "Ok, we go to MD5 now what is that?". So the detailed info is on the inside, we also have the interior maps available for download for the GM in the "Vault" section for that reason.

So Hand of Evil, when will we see a review on d20reviews of Bluffy

:)

When I first saw the map I said it was rather plain but this really is a good thing.

I have downloaded the copies from the vault and have slapped them into Word and added my own locations, notes, have given copies to my players where they can insert places they hang. My players know that Bennie's Spells in not all that far from Denis' Adventure Exchange, that you can find hirelings at Harold's Hole, they know of a way into the ruins of Sem La Vah.

People think maps should be art and while I like a map like that I find the one like Bluffsides very useful.

Hal - I have too much respect for reviewers to try and be one :)

Remove ads