• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I Got Into CMU! [Update- Tufts too!]

Phantom is good if you're walking and if you're a Games Workshop junkie.

However, if you bring a car, GameMasters out on Babcock Blvd actually has tables to game at.

www.circleofswords.com for the nearest conventions (bout an hour North of Pgh on Route 8.)

And it's Dahn-tahn, not Dawn tawn. There's no w in it.

Almost forgot. "Red Up" clean up, tidy up. "Dude, my girlfriend's coming over, we gotta red this place up."

Eric K.
University of Pittsburgh
:cool:

Last edited:

Shadow145

First Post
Oooo, "red up". I forgot that one.

Sorry 'bout the "Dawn Tawn", I had a brain meltdown this morning and failed my phonetics check.

I'll have to check out Gamemasters.

BTW: Phantom has tables upstairs, but I've never seen anyone do anything but mini game on them, both GW and Clicks.

Shadow145 said:
Oooo, "red up". I forgot that one.

Sorry 'bout the "Dawn Tawn", I had a brain meltdown this morning and failed my phonetics check.

I'll have to check out Gamemasters.

BTW: Phantom has tables upstairs, but I've never seen anyone do anything but mini game on them, both GW and Clicks.

Jeff finally did something with the upstairs? dang, I need to stop by more often. Of course, I'm pretty much done with 40k. I'm tired of rules changes and new box sets every 4 or 5 years. Of course, when I first started 40k, I bought the Rogue Trader softbound rulebook all of two weeks before they announced their intentions to put out a new revision in a boxed set. But this last revision where my ork army lost all of its uniqueness (Snakebite Boar Boyz and Blood Axe Commandos will always rock!) and became crappy gorka morka orks, it just killed my spirit for the game.

Now I'm WOTC's beotch (and to a lesser extent Eden Studios) and spending my money on d20 stuff.

Eric K
Pittsburgh

Also, if you're up for driving out of Oakland, besides Game Masters, there's Helm's Deep on West Liberty Ave in Dormont. It's about 60 yards past the Eat N Park kind of across from Tom's Diner. Don't blink or you'll miss it. I still like Game Masters the best. Plus, the owner, Phil, is blind and has a concealed carry permit. How can that not be fun?

TwoSix

"Diegetics", by L. Ron Gygax
If you're thirsty on the CMU campus, go to the Elec and Comp Engineering building. Used to be soda (not pop!) machine there with good selection for $0.20. Of course, this was back in 2000 so I'm not sure if it's there anymore. My friends and I used to walk all the way from Pitt campus to get it. :)

ConnorSB

First Post
Thanks everybody! Where's the nearest gaming store was actually my first question. When I visited, I actually found the comic shop part of Phantom, but not the game part. Cool!

Whoa... Piratecat commented! Thats, like, high praise.

My intended course of study is going to be some combination of Computer Science and Creative Writing. I got in to the School of the Humanities and Social Sciences (but apparently not the School of Computer Science), so my plan will probably be to major in CW and minor in CS (Although if I CAN double major, thats what I want to do, with a minor in art.)

I'm one of the weird multitalented kids who wants to overwork himself.

When I found out yesterday, it was right before a swim meet. I was so excited I forgot completly about pain and sleepiness and swam lifetime best times in everything I did. It was surreal.

Angcuru

First Post
ConnorSB said:
Whoa... Piratecat commented! Thats, like, high praise..
:D

*dresses in ceremonial robes, stands in front of pedastle*
..And so Connor was accepted into the school of his choosing, and it was good. Thus, the lord Piratecat spoke unto him, offering praise:
Piratecat said:
Fantastic news!
The word of the lord...

[/deification of Piratecat]

:p

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads