I have d20 Past

JPL

Adventurer
GMSkarka said:
I don't have D20 Past, but they sound like the Minions and Sidekick feats from Green Ronin's MUTANTS & MASTERMINDS (which Adamant had already adapted for D20 Modern in our THRILLING TALES pulp line).

Both were in the original Polyhedron Pulp Heroes, lo these many moons ago.

dream66_

First Post
GMSkarka said:
I don't have D20 Past, but they sound like the Minions and Sidekick feats from Green Ronin's MUTANTS & MASTERMINDS (which Adamant had already adapted for D20 Modern in our THRILLING TALES pulp line).

I know your proud of your own work and trying to promote yourself. And that's a good thing, You should be proud of the hard work you've put in.

But remember, often times you pimp yourself too much you have the opposite effect. I'm nearing the point where I wouldn't even look at an Adamant product simply becuase of the posts in this thread and another I read earlier today. Just a freindly heads up.

Ranger REG

Explorer
JPL said:
Both were in the original Polyhedron Pulp Heroes, lo these many moons ago.
See Dungeon/Polyhedron #90/#149 (January/February 2002 issue).
An earlier d20 Modern conversion is in Dungeon/Polyhedron #102/#161 (June 2003 issue).

GMSkarka

Explorer
dream66_ said:
But remember, often times you pimp yourself too much you have the opposite effect. I'm nearing the point where I wouldn't even look at an Adamant product simply becuase of the posts in this thread and another I read earlier today. Just a freindly heads up.

Actually, I was trying to pimp Green Ronin, where I originally got the Open Content from.

...and if you're the sort of person who actually would get to the point where you "wouldn't even look at an Adamant product" because of my pointing out things that we've done, then I think we can safely say we wouldn't really want you as a customer.

It goes both ways, ya know?

I guess what I'm saying is that there are things to get in a twist over, and in the scope of things, this really isn't one of them.

GMSkarka said:
I guess what I'm saying is that there are things to get in a twist over, and in the scope of things, this really isn't one of them.

But it DOES seem like you're trying to pimp your stuff in every thread. Not that its against the rules or anything, just a little tiresome. Hasn't stopped me from getting them, though. :)

And besides, there's nothing new under the sun. What you've done will be repeated just as someone's done it before you.

Turanil

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
But it DOES seem like you're trying to pimp your stuff in every thread. Not that its against the rules or anything, just a little tiresome.
Well, I am sometimes vaguely irritated by this self-promotion, because it sometimes looks like it is written in an arrogant way (i.e.: "publisher X is publishing something we have already done dudes!"). However, I can understand the need for Adamant (or any other third party publisher) to advertize their publications, if only to stay in the business. It's not like they are making millions of dollars. Then, it's always useful (as gamers) to know what has been published and what could save us tiresome houseruling.

BTW: I will pimp myself too :D If some publisher is ever interested in a long and detailed review by me, I would be glad to get their PDFs (for free I mean... :D ) and do a review.

Pramas

Explorer
ColonelHardisson said:
Looks like WotC does know a good idea when it sees one. I just picked up d20 Past, and on the credits page it lists, among others, some of the d20 Polyhedron minigames as source material - Pulp Heroes and V for Victory specifically.

Really? That's news to me. I'll have to check that out.

What are the new occupations like? Does the Primitive Occupation give you two feats, or the choice between two feats?

Are the AdCs balanced with the AdCs in D20 Modern, or do they more resemble D20 Future AdCs instead? Are there any non-FX AdCs, and if so, how many? Can you use Archaic Weapons Proficiency as a pre-requisite for the Soldier?

What are the new feats like? Is Sidekick balanced? How does Obscure Knowledge work?

Why do the authors insist on "naming" firearms instead of just giving generic rules? There wouldn't be complaints about the M1 Garand if they avoided naming the guns. (Ok, that's not really something you can get from D20 Past.)

There's a lot of Nazi stat-blocks in the book. If you remove the allegiances to evil and Naziism, could they make interesting villains for other settings?

Remove ads